Safely Benzo?

This has been my routine for 4-5 years now. Varies a bit, but basically:

Fri - 1mg

Sat - 0.5mg

Sun - 1.5mg

This gives me a nice, long weekend with less anxiety and visuals. It also allows me to have a few beers on Thursday and Saturday without anxiety the next day.... Not recommended, but all part of making my own life a little more fun and happy. Once every 4-6 weeks, I will go 1 week without any benzos, just to make sure my system is clear and tolerance/addiction doesn't build.

If I go on vacation, i will have 1mg or 1.5mg every day for up to 3 weeks.... Then have 2 weeks off benzos completely.

This has been my routine for 4-5 years now. Varies a bit, but basically:

Fri - 1mg

Sat - 0.5mg

Sun - 1.5mg

This gives me a nice, long weekend with less anxiety and visuals. It also allows me to have a few beers on Thursday and Saturday without anxiety the next day.... Not recommended, but all part of making my own life a little more fun and happy. Once every 4-6 weeks, I will go 1 week without any benzos, just to make sure my system is clear and tolerance/addiction doesn't build.

If I go on vacation, i will have 1mg or 1.5mg every day for up to 3 weeks.... Then have 2 weeks off benzos completely.

So, do you get a proper sleep during work days? Must be a hell. But on the other side, weekends must be a bliss ;)

• Upvote 1

I take them in the morning...

I often get insomnia in the week.... But I always did anyway. Melatonin sometimes helps.

aside from an actual cure, i really do think this is the way to go.... Minimal chance of addiction or even tolerance, a nice long weekend and occasional "vacations".

It all boils down to how much will power you have though.... Very easy to think, "ahh, i'll just have one more benzo today and have an extra day off later on"