Question

carlymarie

I'm not a doctor but I do have a degree in business management lol..

I feel you have to succumb to a bad trip from psychedelic or psychoactive drugs to get hppd or just do it to frequently. Its from the mind alterations that I feel is the catalyst of the disorder from the drugs. Typically u won't feel good during the trip then within a day or two u will feel transzy and some sort of residue affect that disables ur audio, visual and reality of a new personal perception of u and ur reality. I have never heard or read of hppd being hereditary in any way shape or form. U never kno to say the least because there really isn't all that much studying or research on hppd at this moment yet.

Did u not do any drugs ever or something and now u have hppd from someone in ur family who has it u figure??

I ha this conversation with Chris a long time ago.  Now i'm no doctor and can't say for sure, but my Dad has HPPD and I had HPPD as well.  So maybe it's not exactly hereditary but maybe if one of your parents have it, you have a predisposition towards it making it easier for your mind to dive off the deep end when indulging in the more taboo of recreational activities.

• Upvote 1

Im inclined to agree with predisposition being a fairly important postulate in the long conversation of HPPD. I am pretty sure my brother has very minute symptoms of HPPD. He did a lot less drugs than I did, thank the good lord. My condition and the similar condition of a few friends has shied him away from further entheogenic escapades. My mother wasnt exactly sane. In fact several incidents in my memory lead me to believe she may have been bipolar. She suffered several nervous breakdowns and often sat on one end of the emotional spectrum or the other. As does my brother from time to time. As do I. Though, I would not go as far to say that either us suffer it. My brothers mental issues are in a class of their own. 

That being said. I see no reason why predisposition, even if a parent hasnt ingested something like LSD, isn't a very real thing. There simply has to be something "upstairs" out of step with us in comparison to the rest of the shroom eating, marijuana smoking populace.

If hppd does not come as a mental disorder like schizophrenia or bipolar then it can't be hereditary thinking about if from a logical perspective. The research and physical experience suggests it comes after taking psychedelic drugs that alter the mind with an after affect type residue later on when not high. Only certain peeps get this disorder after taken these types of drugs like us, our parents, their parents and our kids would probably be subjected to it as well because we are all cut from the same cloth. It only makes sense so our minds in the gen pool of family would be ok as long as they don't do the hallucinogenic drugs they wouldn't get hppd. If they did then they could be predisposition to get hppd. I told my son to never take shrooms or any other hallucinating drug ever. I know my parents would never do that. Lol..

I think it depends on the person and their brain its kind of like if u get stung by a bee u swell up a little bit and if I get stung I have roughly 10 minutes to inject myself with a Epps pen or I'm dead. Its also like people who have peanut allergies and if they eat foods that have traces of it they can die as well but the majority of the peeps don't. Unfortunately we are not like the majority of peeps that do shrooms, lsd and other psychedelic drugs just like the the bee stings and the peanut allergy peeps they are not like the majority as well. It sucks totally.. Hppd 24 years now..