7,8-dihydroxyflavone neurogenic TrkB agonist

Hey guys,

so lately with NSI-189 and all I've been looking in to neurogenic substances. Maybe some of you have heard of this small molecule.
7,8 dihydroxyflavone (7,8-DHF), is a potent agonist at the TrkB receptor. More about the TrkB receptor here.

Here's one study in particular I find interesting:

Interestingly, chronic oral administration of 4'-dimethylamino-7,8-dihydroxyflavone and its lead (note: its lead being 7,8-DHF) strongly promotes neurogenesis in dentate gyrus and demonstrates marked antidepressant effects. Hence, our data support that the synthetic 4'-dimethylamino-7,8-dihydroxyflavone and its lead both are orally bioavailable TrkB agonists and possess potent antidepressant effects.

A Synthetic 7,8-Dihydroxyflavone Derivative Promotes Neurogenesis and Exhibits Potent Antidepressant Effect

and:

Whereas current anti-depressant and anti-anxiety medications take 1-2 months to take effect, and frequently produce very harsh side effects, 7,8-dihydroxyflavone is a potent anti-depressant that demonstrates therapeutic efficacy within a few days.

7,8-Dihydroxyflavone and its Derivatives Useful for Treatment of Neurodegenerative Diseases

and

Living a traumatic experience favors the persistence of fear associated with an aversive stimulus, known as fear conditioning. Scientists in the US and Spain have now found that such effect, in mice, can be suppressed with a single dose of 7,8-Dihydroxyflavone, a type of flavonoid which boosts the ability to acquire new emotional behaviors...

Drug Reduces the Increase in Fear Caused by Previous Traumatic Experiences in Mice

Effect of 7,8 - Dihydroxyflavone, a Small - Molecule TrkB Agonist, on Emotional Learning (a neat PDF, which also mentions that 7,8-DHF protects against kainic acid induced neuronal apoptosis).

Questionably legitimate experience:

After days to weeks, I do feel it has helped significantly with recovering from MDMA related neurotoxicity. While I am not 100%, I feel my working memory and vision has significantly recovered. Interestingly, my mood has trailed somewhat, but there is definitely less depression and my meditations are much easier.

source

Longecity topics:

http://www.longecity.org/forum/topic/55126-cure-depression-in-3-4-days-study/

http://www.longecity.org/forum/topic/67667-78-dihydroxyflavone/

Group buy:
http://www.longecity.org/forum/topic/67693-official-78-dihydroxyflavone-group-buy/

"yadayada" is working on acquiring some too.

I went ahead and ordered 1 gram of the stuff from the last link.

Some things to consider:

• No in vivo human studies have been conducted
  • TrkB agonism may cause eventual downregulation
  • There are some concerns of BDNF overexpression being detrimental to one's neurological health
  • Human equivalent dose has been calculated to be around 30mg, so a gram should be enough for a month.
  • May be synergistic with NSI-189 and Cerebrolysin.

If you've any questions; shoot.

Cheers.

• Upvote 4

• 1 month later...

Im on a TCA now, i feel less depressed and more clear headed. DP/DR is less, i feels somehow my energy back in my leggs.. and i could sit in a lunchroom today without humping on my chair, i hope this will continue.

People tell me i look more "alive" which is avery nice compliment for me.

Only 3 side effects i dont like: dry mouth, tiredness. And NO LIBIDO :(

• 3 months later...

So, apparently there's a retailer carrying 7,8-DHF: http://tht.co/7.8-Dihydroxyflavone.html at $22/g (which ain't bad).

I can't vouch for their legitimacy though; they seemed to pop up out of nowhere (specifically, when LC user yadayada mentioned them in several LC threads).
There's a Reddit discussion on their legitimacy going on here. Their CoA (FWIW I suppose) can be found here.

As for the group buy; judging from the last update, it should be received by the coordinator within a week. So, with a bit of luck, I'll have it soon.

Thanks for posting this! I'm got some anxiety about testing this out, but at the same time I want to buy some before something happens to this vendor and my chance i gone, lol. It seems as though I can't do NSI because the provider in the second group buy decided to not get back to me after conversing for a long time, so this is another option. 

Hmm, not sure - I kinda just took a glimpse at the site and put it in an evernote document. 

I'm going to contact them - I contacted the one discussed by Yadayada and others on longecity, but they neglected to get back to me (though I'll give them some time since I emailed them on a Friday). If Indofine ends up being legit, that's a option too.

• 2 years later...

I tried this for like a week this month. Noticed that (at least for my weird brain chemistry) there was some increase in serotonin. I get sexual side effects from SSRIs that were similar to what this causes. Also when I stopped taking it I had a HORRIBLE time two days later--- feelings of SSRI withdrawal, muscle tension and cramping all throughout my body, extremely decreased motility, extreme depression.... Lasted for a day and then I was much better the next. Except for the motility. I didn't shit without an enema for a week. Now I'm going once every two days which still isn't enough. This could eh unrelated to the compound though unless it triggered one of my HPPD symptoms (gastric issues)

Good antidepressant effect though while it's working.

Also I was taking VERY low doses. I think I probably ingested between 20 and 40 mg throughout this whole thing (insulfated). I found it to be powerful enough when taken in small increments throughout the day (1-3 mg)

First few times I didn't notice much but after a while I would get a sort of rush while taking it.

Maybe something I will take in the future sporadically but I'm talking like once a week to prevent whatever happened last time from reaccuring.

• Upvote 2