Sleeping pills?

I have used Ambien, Trazodone and Temazepam. Temazepam 30mg was my favorite and I used it for roughly 2 and a half years. Thing about sleeping pills is when you want to stop them if you ever want to stop, you totally forget how to sleep. Temazepam can be addictive too but I have never found them addictive. There is OTC stuff you can use too if you haven't tried any.

Well he gave me trazodone 50mg. Quick search on here is some say try it others say it made everything a lot worse

I think a dose for using it as a antidepressant is like 300mg, I use to take 25 mg to help me sleep but was prescribed 100. Took 100 the first time thinking it wouldnt do anything and I guess I reacted to it good, I slept for a good 14 hours lol

I think a dose for using it as a antidepressant is like 300mg, I use to take 25 mg to help me sleep but was prescribed 100. Took 100 the first time thinking it wouldnt do anything and I guess I reacted to it good, I slept for a good 14 hours lol

Alright well I'll give it a try at least.did you feel groggy the next day?if worst comes to worst I'll talk some flexeril.that knocks me the fuck out and I feel like shit the next day though

Sleep is a very finely tuned process and people tend to underestimate both its complexity and importance. A lot of things will knock you out stone cold but have you wake up feeling worse than if you'd only had a few hours of "normal" sleep. I think medications should only be turned to after you've tried all the alternatives, because you might have other underlying issues contributing to your sleep issues that drugs might just cover up rather than fix.

"Sleep hygiene" is crucial - regular sleep time, reduced light exposure, etc. etc. Check out this video for a better explanation from someone credible:

You might consider a small dose of melatonin - 1mg or less, cycled to avoid downregulation/potential adverse effects. You won't get the sudden knockout effect that antihistamines/benzos give, but it does work and encourages normal sleep over time when combined with good sleep habits.

Agomelatine is a relatively new prescription drug you might look into as well: a "melatonergic antidepressant" with a similar safety profile/MOA to melatonin with a bunch of additional benefits. I've had a subtle but positive experience with it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agomelatine There aren't any generics available yet unfortunately so it may be a bit costly to acquire.

Good luck.

Have tried melatonin and valerian root. Melatonin had messed up dreams and felt awful like half the day after. Valerian root made me more paranoid. I'm allergy medicines as well antihistamines as well as klonopin for five years yet to your point I'm legitimately scared to take anything for sleep.

• 2 weeks later...

I've used most sleep meds and after many years of disastrous sleep I'm on mirtazapine. Yeah I know you're thinking "doesn't it mess up the HPPD?", and yes it does increase some symptoms but nothing I can't handle. Also consider that not sleeping at all will definately make the HPPD unbearable. Since I was both tolerant and addicted to Zolpidem and a whole lot of other benzos and suffered withdrawal every day and didn't sleep at all, had a resting pulse of 150-180 bpm I had to go to the emergency ward. I got to chose between Nozinan (levopromazine, an nasty cousin to Thorazine) and mirtazapine. Now my ciradian rythm is under control and I get long bouts of deep REM sleep. It's a bit miraculous.. It's also masked the benzo withdrawal.

I've also had melatonin and agomelatine before and they help the sleep as much as a glass of warm milk, i.e. NOTHING. Though they can make the dreams a bit more interesting.

lunesta is my lover and best friend in the world right now.. ambien stopped having any effect on me and my dr finally officially labeled me a chronic insomniac.. so we decided to switch over to lunesta and give it a try. best sleep i've had in years.

the metal aftertaste for the whole next day is annoying as hell, but you could give me a mouth full of the taste of ass and i'd still take it if it meant a full uninterrupted 7-8 hours of sleep. 

sadly i think the lunesta is going to go the say way as ambien before long. but i'm taking a sleep study this coming weekend so i'll hopefully soon find out if theres anything more i can do outside of the chemical route. 

Flexeril works great and never made me feel like shit. lt actually takes away my anxiety and head pressure. Try to stay away from ambien and lunesta they're basically benzo. Trazadone turned me into a zombie so be careful w that one. Also zanaflex works well I've tried 100's I know what I'm talking about, take care...

• Upvote 1

415 style, hope u start feeling better soon i feel ur pain. Going to talk w my doctor about the medication you're on so I can Possibly mask these benzo withdrawal's, I'm going through hell but I'm getting better slowly thx for mentioning that...

415 style, hope u start feeling better soon i feel ur pain. Going to talk w my doctor about the medication you're on so I can Possibly mask these benzo withdrawal's, I'm going through hell but I'm getting better slowly thx for mentioning that...

Hey, for me Gabapentin was a life saver when it came to benzo w/ds. I was on 30 mg valium for 2 years and I used xanax quiet often and abused my valiums twice. I got 130 one month but he understood since I was going through Subutex w/ds man that was a bitch lol. But anyways I was able to get off 30mg valium the first day of Gabapentin, wasn't easy trust me and my doctor got pretty upset since I just stopped which he didn't recommend, but when I want to quit something it has to be right then and there or I might change my mind down the road lol. I would look at Gabapentin for sure though, I recommend this to anyone who wants to quit anything really lol. Just realize it isn't going to be easy regardless and for most Gabapentin seems like it is doing nothing it is just so subtle. I quit Gabapentin for a week and yeah that week off is when I realized Gabapentin was doing something, wasn't a good week lol so it is relieving some stuff such as anxiety and what not it just isn't strong but that is what you should be looking for anyways when trying to get off stuff, you don't wanna get hooked on something else.

Best regards,

Andrew