Double vision upon waking/eyes trouble focusing

bpl4269

This seemed to quite come out of the blue for me. Ever since my trailing has worsened, this symptom popped up as well. Its like whenever I wake in the morning to check my phone, I see double of my phone up close and my eyes have trouble focusing for about a half hour after waking. For the rest of the day its not prominent, but Im a bit disconcerted to say the least. Is this an hppd issue, or is it possibly related to the klonopin Ive been taking for the past week. (.5 mg per day).

• Upvote 4

Hey, I have the same thing I get it from the t.v. My cell phone and the orange lines on the road. Its like seeing through watery eyes or the object u are looking at is being stretched out to duplication. How long have u had h.p.p.d?? I'm not taking anything for mine yet but I will be soon. I have had this disorder for 24 years now. I'm waiting for my c.b.d. tincture its all natural and cripples anxiety, panic attacks, and visuals.

• Upvote 2

Does anyone experience a delayed focusing when shifting your vision from near objects to distant ones? I recall thinking it only became noticeable after Cymbalta but my short-term memory was awful back then so it's hard to know for sure. I know it's also caused by eyestrain from constantly focusing on close-up things and lord knows since HPPD I've been spending a hell of a lot more time in front of a screen, so it might be that as well I suppose. I'd just be interested to know exactly where in the visual system this issue is going on and whether it's HPPD-related or not.

Yes I can say I have. It feels like our mind is a little behind our sight.. So when u are conscientiously looking at something close then fast shift away to far distance it takes a little longer for it to register to the brain (time gap) then the brain picks it up. U do recognize the the short time gap from normal recognition of instantaneous vision registry which sucks unfortunately. I truly believe that certain delicate parts of our brains haven't healed yet (from the mind alternating drugs) which makes us very venerable to mental relapses from certain meds, sounds, sight, feelings, (anxiety, depression, dp/dr) that partially retrigger the bad trip or situation we had.

• 3 weeks later...

bpl4269, Puppeteer and lexikovs ...

Hi guys, I've always had double vision and strange focusing since my onset and i've never taken any meds for any of my symptoms. Its always most noticeable in the morning or the next day after drinking.

hppd24years ...

I realsied early on that you must try your hardest to separate (as much as possible) the neurological defects (visuals) and the psychological issues that arise from them (anxiety, flashbacks, thoughts of loosing your mind). It may seem naive of me to suggest such a thing to someone who has been dealing with these issues for such a long time but to be honest the earlier one can do this the better. I understand this is because consciously combining the two factors leads to initiation of psychological trauma (or even just anxiety) simply by associating them with the constant visual (neurological) defects. And by constantly confirming/ self-affirming that the two must go hand in hand will make it more difficult for anyone to recover even a little bit as it is inadvertently creating a self perpetuating loop that must be broken for things to change.

Anyone and particularly new sufferers ...
I am going to write a detailed topic soon called something like 'the number one piece of advice i can give' or perhaps something less self aggrandising. It will be about separating the psychological from the neurological (something most people seem to severely overlook) and neuro-linguistic programming as well as simple ideas as techniques for doing this.

This one idea killed all my anxiety and flash backs and is the only thing I believe will help anyone who tries it (the earlier the better). Our visuals may always be here but our demons can be killed (cheesy soundbite, i know lol). I will write this topic sometime over the next few days.

The Formal Friend,

Thanks for the fantastic theory in regards to the split shifting from the neurological to the psychological warfare of this prolonged exposure of 25 years to this disorder. (have to change my name from hppd24years to hppd25years) Anyhoot my expectations of the simultaneous impairments seem very light handed for realism of relief already. Again everyone seems to be focused in the subtraits of rhetorical explanations in figure eight backs that have no solutions or antidotes.

I feel this left foot launch needs to be right foot challenged in terms of solutions and cures not explanatory explanations. Don't get me wrong I appreciate the time and effort you took for me in ur paragraphs written please note dully respected. I just read all the theories and scientific data regurgitation that appears to be aimed for complacency as a consensus.

It's about that time!! Hppd24years consecutively and now 25 years (Can u say Holly Fuck?)