People's locations and their doctors

Thank you so much for the answer. Just wondering how would i get a doctor to do do these tests? What should one say to get these tests done and motivate a test like these? Thank you again.

What i have Done so far: major eye check. Checked the "yellow spot", colorsight and so on. Nothing wrong there. IF i don't remember it wrong i've Done a CT and an MR. Looking for a tumor. Nothing wrong. They have teated medications on me for migraine and got me to psychologists who prescribed other meds. Worsening the symptoms.

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you so much for the answer. Just wondering how would i get a doctor to do do these tests? What should one say to get these tests done and motivate a test like these? Thank you again.

What i have Done so far: major eye check. Checked the "yellow spot", colorsight and so on. Nothing wrong there. IF i don't remember it wrong i've Done a CT and an MR. Looking for a tumor. Nothing wrong. They have teated medications on me for migraine and got me to psychologists who prescribed other meds. Worsening the symptoms.

Sorry for a late reply. I think that I've answered your question already through PM. But just for the sake for the discussion I'd say that the easiest way to get effective help for HPPD is to simply asked to be escalated to a neurologist and claim that if nothing is wrong with your eyes nor mental health, it has to be neurological, which is true in this case.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Spokane, WA

I'm seeing Dr. W. L. Brown. When I first started seeing him, he hadn't heard of HPPD until I told him about it and gave him some literature. After that, he became interested in it because he remembers treating patients who had used psychedelic mushrooms before with similar symptoms, what treatments he used though he can't remember. Since then, he's been researching it much in the same way I have, scouring literature, looking at the pharmacological profile of drugs and how they might treat HPPD, etc. So, we're taking things experimentally. So, I would say he's a good fit for me at least. I still want to see a neurologist though to get some of the other, more detailed tests (already had a CT scan which yieleded nothing and ruled some of the more scary disorders like CJD or cancer), like a qEEG and scintography. I may be able to convince him to order the tests though considering the experimental nature that we're approaching with this.

• 4 months later...

I am in Stamford Connecticut. I have a doctor who is so so about what HPPD is but with studies and logical choices I have been able to get him to prescribe Sinemet and keppra. He also has prescribed me strange drugs such as high doses of baclofen when I told him I had been prescribed it for a physical issue and experienced intense psychological stability for the first time since getting HPPD (effect lasted 6 mo on baclofen, had side effects don't recommend it. Took care of most of my addictive personality/may have cured a brief stint with alcoholism. this effect has lasted after discontinuation) he is a smart man and willing to try new things within reason. He is however pretty expensive (300-350 a visit)

London Ontario Canada. My psychiatrist is Dr Watling at Victoria hospital. He's worked with me and has prescribed me keppra, lamictal, sinemet, LDN and he is open to exploring new Meds if he feels they will help. You have to get into see him by referral.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

So about a month ago I found out my family friend met the head of Neurology at columbia presbyterian in NYC at a party; his name is Dr. Fink. He has 75 neurologists working under him and is going to assign two of them to me. I meet with him on Jan 10th so hopefully I'll get some good news. At least I can maybe I can garner some interest in the disorder.

• Upvote 1

You only can beat your hppd to comfortably state there is no pill no body can do it for you if you keep searching for meds you only feed your disorder and yea your noth the only one buth how much time that past how much you geth weakened and how much you lose hope.

Look to me 3 years past and still everthing under control, because why?

I beat it and i learned how to deal with it to keep everything cool.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm moving to netherlands and would like to find a doctor knowing a lot about HPPD.

I've seen some ppl from Netherlands posting some details about dutch doctors but I can not figure where is surname, name, address, how to find such doctor.

I will be grateful for sending me or in this post details about experienced with HPPD doctors from Netherlands.

• 4 months later...
On 9/1/2015 at 6:44 PM, Tooch83 said:

Hi I live in the Northwest Suburbs of Illinois....about 30-40 minutes away from Chicago.

I am on Suboxone....Busbar, Propanol.....

Suboxone has naloxone in it. So does my naltrexone. I wonder if narcan is the real treatment for my HPPD. 

On 1/5/2016 at 9:30 PM, Onemorestep said:

I am in Stamford Connecticut. I have a doctor who is so so about what HPPD is but with studies and logical choices I have been able to get him to prescribe Sinemet and keppra. He also has prescribed me strange drugs such as high doses of baclofen when I told him I had been prescribed it for a physical issue and experienced intense psychological stability for the first time since getting HPPD (effect lasted 6 mo on baclofen, had side effects don't recommend it. Took care of most of my addictive personality/may have cured a brief stint with alcoholism. this effect has lasted after discontinuation) he is a smart man and willing to try new things within reason. He is however pretty expensive (300-350 a visit)

Hey I live in Easton Connecticut. My psychiatrist didn’t even know what HPPD was. He’s the chief of staff at silver hill hospital btw. 

• 9 months later...