Has anyone ever found relief with Barbiturates?

I have been looking for alternatives to relying on Klonopin, therefore minimizing the risk of addiction.

My doctor prescribed me a box of Phenobarbital, but it is very weak compared to Klonopin. Has anyone ever benefited from some of the stronger Barbs?

My doctor understands my fear of addiction and has a plan to have me on klono (when needed) for 1 month, then a barbiturate (when needed) for 1 month. Giving the different receptors each drug work on time to recover.

ps - I fully understand that Barbs are more addictive and dangerous than Benzos...

• 2 weeks later...

Switch to Valium. Try to get 40mg/day dose prescription. Im telling you it works so much better than clonazepam. Klonopin lost it's value and potency for me pretty quickly but i've been on 40mg of Valium/day for about 6 months now and it's been working wonders day after day without losing it's strength.

First off Shaolin you're so right about valium, it just seems like a smoother ride but ever since all the law suits that took place against it, no doc's will prescribe high doses like I need.

Jay, I've taken barbiturates as needed back in the days when I worked fast paced customer service (needed it for the tension headaches that job brought on) I would only take 1 daily. I just had my wife hang on to them and I never got addicted. However now that doc's prescribe any p/k due to the nature of my injuries, I try to only stick to tramadol or codeine so I don' t build up a tolerance to the harder opiates. I got to say even tramadol is a hard w/d after you've taken it for a while though.

I think barbiturates would be a good idea for you, I would much rather have a benzo's for hppd then weaker opiates and you've been able to take klono as needed for for yrs. so I don't think you would have a prob with that kinda will power....Good luck buddy!!!

• 2 weeks later...

thanks guys... i've tried valium, it is good but it never seemed to have the "magic bullet" effect of klono (for me) so, as long as the klono is working at peak level... it is really a miracle to have around. It seems that, with regular gaps in taking it, the potency stays the same.

1998, do you recall the barbiturate you were taking, did it even relieve visual symptoms?

Jay it was Fioricet, barbituate 50 mg, acetaminophen 325mg, caffiene 40 mg. I doubt it helped to much with the visuals but it wiped out my headaches and that's what it was prescribed for.

It also comes with codiene but that's not the way they prescribed it for me. That pill worked surprisingly great for me. I started taking to many of them and realized I got addicted just my personality.

But they are nothing compared to vicodin addiction take care bro/Ace!