Anyone a hockey fan!?

Yeah we won that game. The Chech where better the first period but then Sweden took command. So its the final against the fins at sunday whom beat the russians in their semi. Kinda interesting that both Kanada and Russia whom boath had top players from NHL are out. Both Sweden and Finland handpicked unknown players.

But yeah, if the reds would have been out of the stanley cup earlier i wouldn't have said no to Lidström, Zetterberg,

Holmström, Kronwall and Ericson. Thats a line-up good as any in the top hockey.

Btw, ovechkin was a huge disapointment for the russians. Didn't do a thing for his team.

Yeah we won that game. The Chech where better the first period but then Sweden took command. So its the final against the fins at sunday whom beat the russians in their semi. Kinda interesting that both Kanada and Russia whom boath had top players from NHL are out. Both Sweden and Finland handpicked unknown players.

But yeah, if the reds would have been out of the stanley cup earlier i wouldn't have said no to Lidström, Zetterberg,

Holmström, Kronwall and Ericson. Thats a line-up good as any in the top hockey.

Btw, ovechkin was a huge disapointment for the russians. Didn't do a thing for his team.

Ya the czech were dominating most of when I was watching. Good for you guys though. And ya, that's crazy that Russia and Canada are out, they have definitely been contenders in the past.

And ya I think Franzen is a swede as well. That pretty much sums of most of the Reds top lines haha, guess we owe you guys one. I hope Lidstrom doesn't end up he retiring, he is a hell of a player.

I'm not really surprised that Ovechkin didn't make that huge of a difference, I don't think he did to much for the Capitols during the playoffs here. He's no Pavel Datsyuk you know ha. I'm not really a big fan of Ovech or Crosby really though.

What's your local team?

Well the fins took the wc, thats ok but 1-6???? Wtf.

Its a small one called "Nyköpings hockey" you can check it out on eliteprospects, type it in on team search without the "ö" ;) .Three years ago we took a financial hit and was demoted to the third division were we still trying to get the organization back on track. In 04/05 during the lockout we we were in the qualification for the first league but now there is a different story.

Spectators when the team was doing great was about 6000 which is ok for a team that does not play in a top european league, i guess.

Wow high score Ya, i guess that happens sometimes. Things can get out of hand really quick when a team gains momentum. Which is one reason I love hockey. 2nd place is still awesome. We havemt placed in forever.

You know i'm actually kind of surprised that the NHL isn't bigger over there.. and not because of some American ego, just because so many of our players are from European nations. I guess coverage is likely limited though, i have to watch more regular season games online cause I live in the south right now.. which doesn't even acknowledge hockey as a sport. It's ridiculous. We even have a local team that feeds players into Minnesota's team but barely anyone supports them.

I read you were thinking about moving out to Cali at some point? Where to? I used to live there for a while- loved it.

Well the fins took the wc, thats ok but 1-6???? Wtf.

Its a small one called "Nyköpings hockey" you can check it out on eliteprospects, type it in on team search without the "ö" ;) .Three years ago we took a financial hit and was demoted to the third division were we still trying to get the organization back on track. In 04/05 during the lockout we we were in the qualification for the first league but now there is a different story.

Spectators when the team was doing great was about 6000 which is ok for a team that does not play in a top european league, i guess.

I was going to study in santa barbara but im havig seconds thoughts about it. Its four years to get the bachelor degree where the two first years are on a low level. I do not know if i wanna study for four years in a country im not sure i will live in.

On the other hand the selection to the top programs here is cruel. I could get a med degree in US but no way in sweden.

Ya I heard Scandinavian schools are rather relentless- however, they are free correct? That would likely make it worth it. Half my friends graduating are 50k+ in debt some even past 90k. I'm about to finish up my degree and I can attest to the first two years being complete and utterly pointless. Just random classes that your forced to take it and pay significant money for.

On the bright side, Santa Barbara is a gorgeous city with great weather year round and good beach. Might even be cheaper cost of living than Sweden, although it's super expensive compared to most of the rest of the US.

• 4 weeks later...

A little late... but I am from the Detroit area... Red Wings are out now, but a model for what a good sports team should look like... ;)

Just watched the Red Wings take San Jose to game 7 after being down 0-3 in the series. I'm stoked! I feel like I need to be popping Bayer after every game though, hearts pumping they're all so intense.

Penguins fan's need not respond. ha

• 1 month later...

Agreed, What do you think of the off-season line up changes?

Personally, I think commodore and white are a probably a good addition to help us gain some bigger guys. Not so sure about resigning Ericsson but hopefully since he's getting paid really well now he'll start to step up his play. I hope we can get past the second round this year and get LIdstrom his final cup.

A little late... but I am from the Detroit area... Red Wings are out now, but a model for what a good sports team should look like... ;)

im more interest to see brendan smith get playing time. love the white signing. big e needs to start playing more like he did in the 08 playoffs. dats and z have only about 3-5 great years left in them. don't like to think about it but i see Jurco getting some time maybe two seasons from now to learn from dats. we also drafted an animal on D physically wise. forgot his name lol.

Commodre is the Big D guy you're refering too, he'll be great for that area of depth that we were missing. I'm definitely excited to see smith and some other Grand Rapids guys play some more. I loved seeing those young guys Tatar and Mursak during last season, they put some real energy back in the game.

im more interest to see brendan smith get playing time. love the white signing. big e needs to start playing more like he did in the 08 playoffs. dats and z have only about 3-5 great years left in them. don't like to think about it but i see Jurco getting some time maybe two seasons from now to learn from dats. we also drafted an animal on D physically wise. forgot his name lol.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

once they have Pav, Nick and Jimmy all at 100% i think them and the Rangers are the favorites. King Henrik is an animal once again and their offense is starting to click...dangerous. also if the caps find a way to sneak in i feel like Ovi will go on a personal mission to say "fuck you" to all the critics and that would be interesting to see. but..... Go Wings of course :)

• 1 month later...