I have tested positive for Lyme disease

Ghormeh Sabzi

I think my HPPD and Lyme may be intertwined, if that makes sense. That is - they may reveal and aggravate each other.

I'm seeing my regular Doc today. I'll have to get referred to an infectious disease doctor I think.

That is my current theory on mine as well. I have an underlying infection/disease that presents itself as HPPD symptoms since my use of drugs allowed my brain to learn such ways of perception.

http://hppdonline.com/index.php?/topic/2086-keppra-trial-unsucessful/#entry18426

can you also check the last comment on that thread and reply here if you could. thanks and gl.

etardnow - it was the Western Blot. I had an ELISA test two years ago which came back negative - but that test is extremely unreliable. Whilst my most recent blood was sent to the States to be tested, I am now going to have the Western Blot done again in the UK to confirm (this time I don't have to pay as it is covered by the NHS).

I think my HPPD and Lyme may be intertwined, if that makes sense. That is - they may reveal and aggravate each other.

I'm seeing my regular Doc today. I'll have to get referred to an infectious disease doctor I think.

It would seem likely.  People often think of lymes as a rheumatoid problem (because it is frequent) but lymes primarily causes neurological problems.  The bacteria easily crosses the blood-brain-barrier and it likes to 'hide' in nerve tissue ... making it hard for the immune system to get ride of.  Lymes can cause problems that mimick any neurological disease, even MS ... so why not HPPD or at lease contribute to damage when you had that major stress going on.

• 5 weeks later...

I know i couple of ppl who got lyme disease. One is my grandpa who is 70+ and got i his whole life. so you can still live pretty normal. Sometimes you will get sick but you recover from it. Now that my grandpa is old he is struggling a bit with stiff legs and little energy but fights good. 

i wish you luck.

Re-tested in the UK (previous blood sent to the US) and it has come back negative. Will see if I can get another test in a month or so.

Please note: These test are VERY PRONE to False negatives ... not false positives.  Here it is often treated with Doxycycline, at this time length a months worth at a time. 

While there are horror stories about antibiotics, curiously, Doxycycline seems to be neuroprotective to dopamine cells.

Just food for thought.