(Warning: image may be graphic for some) Anyone heard from David Kozin?

I have been out of commission for nearly two months. It has not impacted the co-authoring of a paper on HPPD for the British Psychological Association's Flagship journal, "Psychologist" in a special edition on Hallucinogens.

I had a very complex break in multiple locations on one of my legs. The damage done inside the leg was severe and to prevent amputation of my lower leg, the trauma surgeons rushed me for an emergency fasciotomy (removal of the fascia). In my case, it was a 25cm x 12cm section of my right shin/calf cut to expose the muscle and remove the pressure in my 4 leg compartments. I woke up to that wound with a wound vac connected to it. I am still wearing the wound vac.

Then sent off to have an intra medullary nailing of my tibia. Intramedullary (IM) rods are used to align and stabilize fractures. IM rods are inserted into the bone marrow canal in the center of my tibia (large shin bone).

An x-ray of the rod and nails in my leg is below along with the "spounge" covering my wound connected to a negative pressure vacuum 24/7.

I then developed an infection at one of the sites of the break. 2 additional surgeries, through-out the day IV antibiotics & multiple antibiotics to treat resistant strain.

Three times a week I have my wound inspected and vacuum dressing changed. I have an appointment tomorrow (Oct 2nd) with the Infection Disease group at the hospital to evaluate the state of the infection. Either I am cleared for the next step to have a skin graft, put on continued waiting (this type of Staph can take year to battle), or re-admitted for IV drugs/monitoring/etc (I doubt this is the case, I seem pretty well).

I have been injected with Fentanyl, Morphine, Midazolam, Dilauded, Nerve BLocks, 8-12 Percocets a day... still can not walk, but starting to move my ankle a little.

Best wishes,

David

011f13fab67d2c51725075392cb2abb39c87ab27

0178ee16520e911376ef5d37beab60ddf014665e

I have been out of commission for nearly two months. It has not impacted the co-authoring of a paper on HPPD for the British Psychological Association's Flagship journal, "Psychologist" in a special edition on Hallucinogens.

I had a very complex break in multiple locations on one of my legs. The damage done inside the leg was severe and to prevent amputation of my lower leg, the trauma surgeons rushed me for an emergency fasciotomy (removal of the fascia). In my case, it was a 25cm x 12cm section of my right shin/calf cut to expose the muscle and remove the pressure in my 4 leg compartments. I woke up to that wound with a wound vac connected to it. I am still wearing the wound vac.

Then sent off to have an intra medullary nailing of my tibia. Intramedullary (IM) rods are used to align and stabilize fractures. IM rods are inserted into the bone marrow canal in the center of my tibia (large shin bone).

An x-ray of the rod and nails in my leg is below along with the "spounge" covering my wound connected to a negative pressure vacuum 24/7.

I then developed an infection at one of the sites of the break. 2 additional surgeries, through-out the day IV antibiotics & multiple antibiotics to treat resistant strain.

Three times a week I have my wound inspected and vacuum dressing changed. I have an appointment tomorrow (Oct 2nd) with the Infection Disease group at the hospital to evaluate the state of the infection. Either I am cleared for the next step to have a skin graft, put on continued waiting (this type of Staph can take year to battle), or re-admitted for IV drugs/monitoring/etc (I doubt this is the case, I seem pretty well).

I have been injected with Fentanyl, Morphine, Midazolam, Dilauded, Nerve BLocks, 8-12 Percocets a day... still can not walk, but starting to move my ankle a little.

Best wishes,

David

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Best wishes,

David

Damn that sucks and I feel sorry for you but IV morphine, fentanyl, dilaudid and percocets all in the same day? man im jealous. Im sure it's hard for you to enjoy that euphoria due to the extreme pain though. Did you notice a decrease in dissociative symptoms when they shot you up with the pain killers?