Promethazine?

mbellamy09

Hey guys a doctor suggested promethazine for sleep but I needed to ask if all promethazine contains Dextromethorphan cause that's a dissociative hallucinogen right?and that can't be good.all the prescription says is promethazine and he also gave me cough medicine that says promethazine with codeine.if dex was in it it would have to say n the bottle right?

• Upvote 3

Codeine is an opiate and promethazine is an antihistamine.  The cough medicine your doctor gave you is what you mix with alcohol to make "syzzurp" or "purple drank".  I think you will be fine taking it. 

Edit: I meant you'll be fine taking the cough medicine, not the purple drank.  That will get you severely intoxicated.

Codeine is an opiate and promethazine is an antihistamine.  The cough medicine your doctor gave you is what you mix with alcohol to make "syzzurp" or "purple drank".  I think you will be fine taking it. 

Edit: I meant you'll be fine taking the cough medicine, not the purple drank.  That will get you severely intoxicated.

Lol good.just making sure it doesn't include the dex without stating anything on the bottle