edited for privacy

Puppeteer

This is a great idea and would be something the whole forum could contribute to, if they wished.

I agree something like this is needed, in particular for newcomers who may not know that they even have HPPD. I think I can speak for everyone here when I say that the lack of information on HPPD at first onset is extremely daunting and disheartening, it caused me some pretty serious anxiety anyway knowing that I was stuck with something that not even medical professionals could really help with.

Good luck and I'd be glad to offer any assistance if needed. I've worked in ICT for a number of years and I'm quite competent at graphics design and web development which could prove useful.

• Upvote 1

Oh also, I would like to make a top notch video to raise awareness (with visual simulations, interviews, and user experiences). I have professional contacts who can help do this for free. I have some ideas about it but it hasn't exactly been on my priority list.

Also, I thought we could use this for a kickstarter project to raise funds for research.

Oh also, I would like to make a top notch video to raise awareness (with visual simulations, interviews, and user experiences). I have professional contacts who can help do this for free. I have some ideas about it but it hasn't exactly been on my priority list.

Also, I thought we could use this for a kickstarter project to raise funds for research.

I was just thinking the same thing yesterday about a video with interviews from sufferers and the like. A video is much more digestible than textual information I find.

I was just thinking the same thing yesterday about a video with interviews from sufferers and the like. A video is much more digestible than textual information I find.

Absolutely. To reach out to more people in the age where media has exploded, we need to make things more attractive to the classic internet hopper. You're based in the states aren't you? I'm in London... we could work on a website together quite easily. As for the video.. well, I could write a production plan or something. And people could contribute different things from different places depending on what they have available to them. Yeah, I'll try and write something at least brief by tonight.

Indeed, I know that I'd much prefer to watch a video with interviews and visual simulations than to read a wall of text. Not only does this make it easier for people to empathise with the real people and actually see the suffering as a much more personal means of delivering information, it is likely to attract much more attention too. 

I'm based in the UK mate, specifically Derbyshire. So that makes it even easier.

The production plan sounds like a good idea. What I think would be nice would be to interview people from the forums for the video. Whether that be over Skype, them sending in a video outlining their experience with HPPD, or whatever else you can think of! In any case, it would be a nice, communal thing to have us all contribute to, and raising awareness is something that definitely needs to be done. 

Cheers

Indeed, I know that I'd much prefer to watch a video with interviews and visual simulations than to read a wall of text. Not only does this make it easier for people to empathise with the real people and actually see the suffering as a much more personal means of delivering information, it is likely to attract much more attention too. 

I'm based in the UK mate, specifically Derbyshire. So that makes it even easier.

The production plan sounds like a good idea. What I think would be nice would be to interview people from the forums for the video. Whether that be over Skype, them sending in a video outlining their experience with HPPD, or whatever else you can think of! In any case, it would be a nice, communal thing to have us all contribute to, and raising awareness is something that definitely needs to be done. 

Cheers

Oh that's brilliant! I agree with you, interviewing people on the forums. Though, I think we should do it with proper cameras, not over Skype. Logistically that's okay interviewing here, but would be good to get some people who can provide some decent footage on a relatively good quality video cam from all over the place.

I've put the word out to some contacts about getting involved. If I can find someone interested in the producing the project (to make sure it's really slick), we can get the ball rolling.

Wow, I'm so pleased this thread's taken off like this! Sorry for not returning sooner; I made the initial post in one of my more cheerful moods before realism/pessimism/anxiety swooped in and made positivity and productivity seem once again like foreign concepts, as tends to happen.

I'm glad of your knowledge and experience, Syntheso! You'll be a real asset to this project. Jay is a self-employed web-designer if my memory serves me? It'd be great if he were interested as well.

The idea of an engaging, well-made video is brilliant, and yes, absolutely crucial in the post-Internet era. I have relatively easy access to a high quality camera and would of course be more than willing to share my experiences. I'm also pretty decent with visual composition and effective writing when I put my mind to it!

Wow, I'm so pleased this thread's taken off like this! Sorry for not returning sooner; I made the initial post in one of my more cheerful moods before realism/pessimism/anxiety swooped in and made positivity and productivity seem once again like foreign concepts, as tends to happen.

I'm glad of your knowledge and experience, Syntheso! You'll be a real asset to this project. Jay is a self-employed web-designer if my memory serves me? It'd be great if he were interested as well.

The idea of an engaging, well-made video is brilliant, and yes, absolutely crucial in the post-Internet era. I have relatively easy access to a high quality camera and would of course be more than willing to share my experiences. I'm also pretty decent with visual composition and effective writing when I put my mind to it!

Great! Where are you based mate? Sounds like we'd work well together. Who else wants to get involved?

Sorry I haven't got a draft plan out, I'll do it tomorrow as I have a gig tonight.

Hey, I'm in Sydney, Australia, so that might impair communication somewhat. I've decided to take a break from checking the forum out for a month or so while I titrate up to a therapeutic Lamictal dose, but if you want to contact me in regards to this stuff I'd be happy to contribute whatever I can during that period. My email address is lachlanlordmartin {at} gmail {dot} com.

• 6 months later...

I just found out about HPPD and this forum, and the first thing that came into my mind was the lack of info/education regarding this disorder. (You can read my intro post over here)

The widespread use of hallucinogens and the psy culture is relatively new where I live. Until mid 2000s we only had a few underground parties with few people, but it has been growing rapidly since. And the senseless use of drugs have been frightening me a lot in the recent years.

I think providing some pamphlets or other educational materials at psy trance festivals and such would be beneficial. Although producing websites and videos would be great, I think it is more important to reach people personally at an obviously non-antidrugs context.

I haven't been to any festivals abroad, but I know that there are some organizations like DanceSafe.org working to provide some education. We have no such thing around here, and I'll be glad to handout pamphlets and such at the festivals I attend.

• Puppeteer changed the title to edited for privacy