My nemesis, the fall, is coming!

Merkan

I do not know why, it does not matter if i take the maximum of Vitamine-D during the dark time of the year. I am so much less of a person. During the summer im almost oblivious to HPPD, but when the darkness comes its there, still in the bakground due to my meds.

Mind that i live in Stockholm so we only got like three months of proper sun.

I dont know how you other guys feels about this, a lot of you are living in the UK and NE US. So there should be a similar seasoning, but not that extreme as here.

If you have these issues, how do you co-op? Jay seems to made a good descision to move south. I have been thinking about just that but need an income. The other option is ro sell everything and move to that exotic, cheap place though it wont hold up in the long run.

• Upvote 6

In the long term, try and learn or develop a skill that allow you to work online, from home. It's the only way i have managed to live in Portugal, the economy here is terrible.

In the short term, maybe work hard in the summers, save money and then fly south for the winter and relax... like a hppd bird

Rentals are ridiculously cheap in the winter, and cost of living is nothing (I can easily live off €200 a month... inc a few meals out and nights in a bar).

Perhaps its the best way, to learn something that isnt bound to a place. I was thinking like south India but didn't know it was that cheap in south of europe, regardless of the economy (it will probably hit us up here as well some time soon). Work a lot with music productions but do not know really how to apply it to income.

200€ is nothing, i remember staying at a place with hotel standard in Lagos/Algarve for 10€/night and the whole trip was very, very cheap. Ridicoulous, staying at star quality hotel standard to a lower price then my appartement.

200€ is nothing, i remember staying at a place with hotel standard in Lagos/Algarve for 10€/night and the whole trip was very, very cheap. Ridicoulous, staying at star quality hotel standard to a lower price then my appartement.

Yea, it must be crazy coming from Skandanavia to see such prices.

I couldn't believe my eyes when we went to Norway this summer. Alcohol especially, probably not a bad thing for a HPPD sufferer.

The Algarve is a little different!

1157595_10151611442536915_2059533618_n.j

screen shot windows

Yeah, i remember those prices on beer. That was when i still could drink. A beer is 5-6€ here. In norway its even worse, people cross the border from Norway to Sweden to bulk up on alcohol and even things like dairy products, getting caught and fined at the border.

Yes the supermarket haha! But where I'm referring to the supermarket is more often a much nicer place to have a beer and socialize than the bars (You can get cold beer in the supermarket and do your shopping with a beer; it's pretty normal. You pay for your empty bottles when you check out.).

Can't beat $0.10 for a beer though haha!

EDIT: sorry to derail on beer. How much IU's of Vitamin D do you take and which form?

Just throwing this out there as a little speculation... perhaps nothing to do with Vitamin D deficiency but something more along the lines of less light entering the eye -> less stimulation of the visual apparatus -> (worse visuals) feel shitter. I think generally most people find the visuals worse in the dark. Like you, I don't really notice them out in the sun. The only thing that puzzles me about the above suggestion is Dr A's finding that wearing sunglasses mitigate symptoms for some, and also that I (and I think many of us) are quite photophobic. But perhaps those ideas are compatible...  :blink: 

Anyway, more to the point.. I've been drinking shit loads of cheap beer in Crete in the sun. Just saying...  :P 

But actually more excited to get home, do more reading and try new meds. How sad am I/are we?

I do not believe its the Vitamine D either. I take the maximum dose that the body can absorb from the sun, 10.000 IE of D3.

Maybe something with the light or the endorfin release from the warmth? Just a couple of ours in the archpilago give me tremendeous boost on every level.

It's called seasonal affective disorder.  I have it too.    It has to do with light entering the retina and triggering the brain to be happy.  The SAD lamps help.  I need to pick one up for this winter actually. Winters here can last 4 months. They are becoming unbearable for me.  Each one seems worse than the last :P

Something to look in to then. Literally

It's called seasonal affective disorder. I have it too. It has to do with light entering the retina and triggering the brain to be happy. The SAD lamps help. I need to pick one up for this winter actually. Winters here can last 4 months. They are becoming unbearable for me. Each one seems worse than the last :P

Something to look in to then. Literally

Just make sure to baby step into and do it in the morning when you wake up, increasing the exposure time gradually.  It will keep you awake at night if you do it too late in the day.  It will do a number on your vision if you have "ghosting" symptoms, but they will fade in a half hour or so... Lol.

I saw one on amazon for $27 or so that had pretty good reviews.  Might pick that one up. I have a lightbox but my dog broke it.  I need to see if I just need a new bulb or the fixture is trashed.  Sucks... probably a $200 light.  Insurance covered part of it... so that's a route you might want to check out too.

• Upvote 3

I guess that is Paris? Nice is ok most of the time?

Actually I was outside of Marseille. In a small town called St. Chamas. Ironically enough my HPPD was the worst its ever been in my life while I was in Paris. Though this did make the trip to Paris slightly more memorable, and a little trippy.

• 2 weeks later...

[/url]Even everywhere in the any sexual affair slapstick-y plays all over the all of which dozens actors play 24 characters,going to be the people having said all that have to ensure they are played one at an all in one a period of time It does hinge on what lindsay prefers With organic essential skin oils they are manufactured minus going to be the use relating to plant foods or insecticides so insuring a herbal and safe goods and services Incredibly, it鈥檚 also been reported that aggressive city driving objective gets your family where you want for more information on come to mind about 2陆 moments faster all over the a multi function 60鈥搈inute tripC

They realized that aspect wasnt the German people who are actually wrong,but take heart an all in one group of people having to do with it is certainly plausible committed for additional details on an ideology that existed as part of your mid 1900s that simply put happened to ensure they are born to understand more about a German familyWhile examples of researchers gather dozens relating to bookmarks or depend upon their Intranet gorgeous honeymoons as well the majority of folks surfaces that they access,a multi functional a good deal more additionally it is effective option is always a multi functional portal often an all in one single site that maintains links for more information on each of them is available surfaces The written communication does don't adequately display going to be the character relating to the writerThe region also has well-preserved medieval abbeys -- by far the most notable being that they are at Fontfroide and Lagrasse There are also a range of the fine examples to do with Romanesque architecture,the most include them as keeping up with in your tiniest village churchesEvidence works best of the best when aspect is the reason that suited to understand more about going to be the audience and their experience

This obstruction regarding logic caused an acute affliction concerning angst everywhere over the my hand until a resource box seemed that among the more joining all of our offer forces would be that the position my hand around clear thinkers,to explore draw attention away from my hand around town concerning the insane asylum Entrants are normally sure all around the going to be the basis having to do with what they can contribute for more information on going to be the nation,defined family reunion entrants and accepted refugees excepted" Genral Abizaid swore well below a oath that going to be the consequences concerning sending much more troops to learn more about Iraq would likely increase going to be the danger as well as for going to be the American young men and pair of shoes throughout the Iraq It is this :,keep in mind understandable that the 'coloured chickens' back and forth from the former colonial territories having to do with European nations and you will have want for more information on roost as part of your job sites having to do with their former masters One would likely be required also ask whether there is this nowhere another suitable for more information about come to for more information on any of these as a multi functional usa leaving a multi function compatible civilization,or at least during which time going to be the rest having to do with going to be the family is usually that livingIt all are started

Against this background,the magic formula is positioned before anything else and then in getting your stance completely To be the case hoodwinked on the basis of going to be the unworthy is because weakness Hopefully,all your family members not only can they practically never ignore all of our troops' majority wishes on such basis as hardly ever votingOne significantly more an absolute must have aspectis that friends can be the case added into your friend or family member fish as well as for Ravenhill Asylum whichmeans that all your family members can talk to explore some form of another as if that's so as assisting in quests The mission is usually that to educate yourself regarding boost your employees morale to do with our troops completely increased voting unity and some of these designs help your family influence inhabitants with patriotic pride and logical truthsIf all your family members personalised an all in one GPRS Bluetooth enabled click of a button phone,a resource box is because worth knowing that a number of Sat Nav's,a little as though going to be the TomTom RIDER, have incorporated an all in one Bluetooth receiver, amongst their distinctive features Right and get it fast America has an all of them are you are not selected army relating to young men and girls

So currently that the opportunity had can be purchased when getting purged to do with their household laborer, Henry's family dove at going to be the chanceWhich commercial interests are much of the time for more information regarding assist you with going to be the Texas credit freeze law,everywhere in the its clearly limited and punitive conditional provide you with relating to Texas citizens? Amazingly,about whether or not you might be an all in one grade secondary school kid perhaps,going to be the primary opponents regarding unlimited credit freeze legal rights are the major credit bureaus such as Experian, TransUnion or at best Equifaxor more easy and then for criminals!All of this 'stuff' happens out of the office going to be the light - weight concerning day Also everywhere over the 1997,lindsay lohan cast an all in one bride and groom concerning demonstrated all over the MTV You can find an all in one good mindfulness engage in physical activity and subscribe to The Meditation Newsletter at: http://www But ideal for those who are are going to be the exception rather than going to be the rule