The big "if": Coluracetam trial

• 2 weeks later...

Over the last 2-3 days I have been dosing 50mg-80mg Coluracetam once/twice a day. I must say I have been feeling extremely good. In fact, the whole of last night, after I dosed 50mg and played a gig where I had to talk to various people, I had absolutely no anxiety. I was even introspectively able to think whilst talking to someone 'where's the anxiety, why don't I feel slightly weird'. Quite often I will sort of be able to have a perfectly fine conversation, but I have these little self conscious moments where I can feel my face doing strange things. Anxiety's never been a big issue for me, but there's always that little something there. It has been completely gone since I have started taking Coluracetam. I also played extremely well, despite not having practiced due to feeling shit before I introduced Coluracetam into my regime.
I feel energised (it does seem to linger, I haven't dosed today and have been up doing way more than usual). In fact, I woke up really early and my body told me to get up. This is a complete reversal from me not being able to get up. My concentration and focus is through the roof right now. Better than Modafinil which if you'd spoken to me a few months ago I would have asked to be buried with (Modafinil doesn't seem to do that much for me these days, although I haven't used it and won't for a while).
I can't say I notice any visual improvements yet, but that has been skewed by the fact I had my first coffee in ages yesterday, caffeine often makes things slightly pulsate visually. That is still happening today, and I can only assume it is a residue of that. But I feel good.. so what?

I should also mention that it's been a couple of weeks since I started taking Full Spectrum Bacopa Monneiri (Brahmi), plus my usual stash of vitamins + fish oils; I can elucidate if anyone would like, although it hasn't changed that much from my last post in the 'Supplements That Work' thread. I have found my sweet spot with Guanfacine, only taking 1mg a day before bed. I don't think it helps me that much, but it keeps my BP where I want it, and definitely helps with hypersensitivity; it has a slightly relaxing effect. I will taper off Guan soon and see how much of a difference that makes. The only thing that persists currently, other than the visuals, is mild head tension.. I'm feeling pretty damn good right now and have been for the last few days. If that mild head tension was gone, I would feel more or less completely normal now (bar the visuals).

I hope this is not just another ebb and flow, but this is definitely a very big peak. I will keep you updated...

I'm afraid, whilst I am fairly disciplined, I cannot be 100% sure Colu is reponsible for everything. Like I said I have been taking Bacopa Monneiri for the last few weeks; that might be kicking in. I have been supping large amounts of omega 3 and 6 to build up fatty acids.. since then my issues with vision/driving/weirdness have gone completely (see thread in the Symptoms forum for more on that) - omega 3 + 6 are involved in the visual pathway; see brand Eye Q, recommended by my behavioural optometrist. I could also just be getting better... I might feel shit tomorrow. But I will try and be as methodical as possible and see exactly what's going to contribute to the forum, esp. Odisa's noble hypothesis.

Ooops, Nefiracetam just arrived, to test my NMDA modulation theory.. hah. Must. Stay. Disciplined. When. Testing. All. These. Things.

Edit: Leaving Colu for now. Want to explore NMDA modulation. Odisa, what's going on with your trial? You were doing smaller doses than me, maybe try some higher ones, you may have more success. 

Glad it worked out that great for you!

So I tried high dose Colu twice last week.. Well aside from the fact that I can't remember, there were also the confounding factors of Damiana, Skullcap, Catnip, Valerian, Ginkgo, Kratom, Marijuana, Cocaine, Alcohol, Oxazepam, Sleep-deprivation, and what not.... Yeah.. had a little "fuck-it" week. Going to have a "clean-up" week starting tomorrow, and I'll trial again after that in higher doses (the Coluracetam that is).

Glad it worked out that great for you!

So I tried high dose Colu twice last week.. Well aside from the fact that I can't remember, there were also the confounding factors of Damiana, Skullcap, Catnip, Valerian, Ginkgo, Kratom, Marijuana, Cocaine, Alcohol, Oxazepam, Sleep-deprivation, and what not.... Yeah.. had a little "fuck-it" week. Going to have a "clean-up" week starting tomorrow, and I'll trial again after that in higher doses (the Coluracetam that is).

Heh, I know those ones. Unless I really over-do it I often come away from those feeling fine, usually better for a while. Something about saying 'fuck it' when all your mates are going in and having a good ol' messy time.. that fun lingers ! 

Yeah was worth it, no regrets :)
Anyhow, took 60mg Colu at once today in an attempt to mitigate residual fogginess. Nothing. I think the past few days have cancelled out any noticeable effects. Well come to think of it, I actually notice I'm not nearly as anxious as I was when I woke up this morning (residual post-blow hypervigilance). Pretty chill now, despite the fog. Dunno if that's attributable to Colu, but I'm feeling better, which I'm fine with for now. Gonna give Colu a rest for the coming 2-3 days before giving it another go.

• 1 month later...

Not to be ignorant or arrogant, how do we know that the substance you obtained is in fact Coluracetam, and if so, in it's more pure form? Like you said, it was different coloured, and also had a noticeable smell? When it's *supposed* to be White, and odorless? 

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Man you guys who crap on about the racetames are helping people put russian ruolette bullts to thier heads you dont even know much about what it does and thier is very ancedotal evedince at best its because of dumb posts like this some kid will go get some of this crap and ruin his brain on a un regulated powder with how many unown impurites ???

you guys tend to sound smart but take it from a guy whos taking all these meds racetames included you dont have a darn clue what your going on aboubt just like with ns1 -189 you are just being guiney piggy for big pharma and the fact you have obsessive drug histories maked you just wanna pop stuff tell me im wrong the reason i no this so well is that ive had the same problem in long story short you need a reality check no magic bullet is coming and do you wanna perma fri your brain and also enough taking cocaine on the side if your serious about getting better and also stop posting like you know alot do you know some people are gonna belive this bs and take some crap from who knows where and yes i do because ive orded from em all .

• 1 year later...