any one elses symptoms worsening?

Are your symptoms getting worse?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Are your symptoms getting worse?

This poll is closed to new votes

OK so my symptoms come from LSD DMT DXM PSYLOCIBIN & MDMA . In any combination or order. It all started about 9 months ago and has been steadily worsening. I used to have good days and bad days, but now everyday is a bad day. I have LOTS of Visual Snow, and I will get after images from almost anything. Lately I have been feeling very disconnected from my body like I'm on autopilot and I don't control my actions. So I would like to hear from all the "veterans" out there who have had lots of experience with HPPD. Has anyone had similar experiences to this(not the symptoms, but the symptoms worsening like this)? I have not done any sort of drug for at least 9 months and my symptoms are still increasing . PLEASE HELP

Hey Jake, it gets better. My hppd is just from shrooms, but my experience was that it comes on, gets worse, and then gets better. Months 3 - 12 were straight hell for me before I started improving. Just hang in there, it might not be immediately, but it will get better slowly.

Let me know if you need anyone to talk to or if you have any other questions. you'll be alright dude!

As a veteran of nearly 16 years (I think, hard to remember now).... the condition didn't ever really get better, but my coping mechanism improved massively.

I've done things now that I thought would be impossible in that first year of hell.... college, started businesses, marriage, travel, played on stage in front of 100s of people etc etc

Somedays I can go for hours without thinking of HPPD, I have strings of a few days of almost complete remiss, perhaps a little visual snow and a bit of movement. These days are getting more frequent and longer in duration. I think my dp is also linked to my visual symptoms, as it also lessens during these periods. These are always nice, then it all comes back and gets worse again, anxiety the works, makes me feel bipolar.

Jake congratulations on no drugs for 9 months. That makes a big difference. I think in the beginning it seemed to get worse, because I didn't understand that certain situations made my symptoms worse. At first I thought nothing about going into any kind of loud situation where there was a lot of stimulation and boy did that make it worse. I would do stuff and come home and visuals and feeling unreal would be really bad. I try if I can not to get around too much chaos and everything has leveled out for me quite a bit. And I know there's hope, because quite a few people simply recovered after a while, but unfortunately they don't come to this site anymore. And as far as forgetting about having hppd for me playing guitar or getting into music is the best. For some reason my visuals don't bother me so much when I get into a movie. As time goes on I find more things that help. Otherwise it is pretty much with me all the time. I also think they will figure out the chemistry that will alleviate the symptoms, hopefully.

I've had this for 2 years and not until recently (about a month ago) did my symptoms begin to improve. Unfortunately, no one can give you a set time period when your symptoms might start to fade, if they will fade at all, as Jay has explained. The only thing you can do for now is to try and continue to live your life and not let this condition bring you down. I'm speaking from experience. The first year I had it I wanted to be high 24/7 just so I wouldn't have to stop and think about what had happened to me. It's a hard thing to accept, but accepting it isn't giving up so to speak.

Hang in there. There are bright minds working out alternative treatment plans as we speak. We should be so lucky that there is anyone who is willing to dedicate their time for a relatively small community of sufferers because lets face it, HPPD doesn't really compare to some of the horrible diseases and mental disorders out there, but nonetheless it is a horrible condition to have.

I never get totally better - but when I eat and sleep well, and dont drink (drinking makes it better while drinking, worse the next morning) I don't notice as much.

As Jay said - you can get used to it and overcome. I routinely present to "professionals" in my trade of water / wastewater / flooding and even if I am bad I do well. Kinda makes you appreciate yourself more, knowing you can still function with fucked up vision.

Hey Jake, it gets better. My hppd is just from shrooms, but my experience was that it comes on, gets worse, and then gets better.

This has been my experience. I liken it to the stock market where I see improvement over the long-term, but every so often it seems to regress or get worse, but when it bounces back, it is better than it was before the most decline..

This has been my experience. I liken it to the stock market where I see improvement over the long-term, but every so often it seems to regress or get worse, but when it bounces back, it is better than it was before the most decline..

This seems to be the same for me, I don't know whether or not it is just my anxiety flaring up though which in turn causes me to think my symptoms are worse, but I get times when I feel better, so I'm not sure, it's rather confusing.

I think that happens to everyone, I think it is getting better sometimes permanently. It always comes back, I go from oh my god, I am coming out of the woods to I am not going to survive the weekend sometimes on the same day. Yesterday was the worse day in my whole life, today I barely notice the symptoms. I do feel like I am improving over all, but I need to step back on both regards and remember the future is always uncertain, I can always get better, I can always get worse.

• 3 weeks later...

thanks for all the advice guys. I am still getting steadily worse and worse, last night i looked into the mirror and my reflection looked totally foreign to me. and i got the worst fear ive ever had in my life