StateOfRegret

HPPD, anxiety and a lasting feeling of intoxication

28 posts in this topic

Hi Bugger,

The anxiety is still quite bad, though I have perhaps grown more used to it, which might sound a bit strange. The visuals are still around in the form of coloured splotches and some geometric patterning and "movement" of textured surfaces etc. I think that the intensity may have gone down somewhat, though not drastically. In short, it is essentially business as usual. Last summer I tried Keppra with mostly positive results but had to stop due to liver issues. I believe that I have described this somewhere on the site :-) I'll try to find that thread and elaborate later - I'm on the phone right now.

Ps. What are you studying?

Ah I'm sure you've been managed it well - my anxiety has just recently been resurfacing again after the semester finished a few weeks ago.

I'm currently studying architecture in my undergraduate, final semester in a month's time! A lot of work, coffee and many late nights... Not the most ideal lifestyle for HPPD but nonetheless it keeps me interested and motivated.

StateOfRegret, i read your first post. most of these posts say they developed HPPD after a few trips but like you, i was doing hallucinogens frequently. i was doing LSD (2 hits) and shrooms pretty frequently for almost 5 months (January to June 2014) and then a couple other times in November 2014. i noticed the visuals and the brain fog and had frequent panic attacks and i still have panic attacks like almost constantly. wasnt until this passed March when my friend, Mr.50's, asked me a few questions when i was suffering from a diphenhydramine hangover and then he told me that i have HPPD and everything i told him matches the symptoms of HPPd.  i heard a good way to recover is to keep HPPD out of your mind.