posts promoted to article?

Does anyone know what happens to a post once its promoted to an article?

I have several posts id like to read but the links left behind after an article has been promoted dont work???

I cant get an answer from admin, if anyone knows how to view them please let me know. Thanks LJ

• Upvote 8

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This is a really really bad thing.  The coolest stuff and most informing material i have posted have been turned into "articles", never to be seen again.  

Only the two main guys on here can be held accountable, I think .....?   This can make you lose interest: the last thing we need on this site.  

Really not cool.

^What -mg said.. I've posted a lot of stuff that's informative/useful. Though they haven't been promoted to "articles", it would definitely suck if they were lost, as apparently I tend to use this website as my drawing board a lot, and don't really make any back-ups, aside a few bookmarks and some documents. But the theories and connections I've made are mostly "in the cloud" (isn't that the term nowadays?).

I'd really be interested in reading -mg's stuff too, for that matter. Would be great if the material could be recovered!
I guess that's why I opted for writing articles now, so as to be able to keep them backed-up. I know the promoting to articles doesn't occur anymore, but still.. would suck if everything was lost.

Excuse me for derailing, but this reminds me very much of the Doctor Who episode "The Long Game" where people are promoted only to be never seen again (dead) :-P

On topic: I actually wrote a message to jay on this topic about a month ago, and he said "it looks like David has deleted that entire area of the site... I will try and find out about it.", which doesn't bode well (the deletion part, that is) :-(

(jay: I hope it's alright by you that I quote our private conversation here? :-) Otherwise, feel free to delete my post!) 

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...