Music

bpl4269

i'm into all sorts.... motown, soul, funk, rock, dance, indie

i have a bit of a scandanavian obsession at the moment though.... Sigur Ros, Jonsi, Sea Bear, Kings of Convenience, Rokkurro and some of the darker stuff by the cardigans

If any of you are at all into melodic hardcore check these guys out,

Their album art is my profile pic btw. It symbolizes the struggles we face in life, that we are stuck struggling in the "water", but we will get to where we need to be. Hence the album name "The current will carry us" and the man struggling to stay afloat in the water in the album art. Really meaningful music, got me thru some hard times.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i listen to lots of tunes, though with hppd-related depression/cognitive problems i often find it really hard to get into music, pay attention to it, really enjoy it... went through a period of a month or so when i just lost the desire to listen to it at all. but other times it's pretty fine.

my last.fm account is: http://www.last.fm/user/fantomix

Favourite band for sure is Animal Collective, and though I generally enjoy and appreciate most genres I'd say experimental/psychedelic music appeals to me most: Boards of Canada, Tim Hecker, Alvin Band, Balam Acab, Death Grips, Nicolas Jaar, Slugabed and Lapalux being some particular favourites. But idk, really love me some hip hop too, and more pop-leaning stuff in general. Fiona Apple's latest is my ultimate feeling-down album. I have very minimal experience in music theory/playing, but I'm planning to study it at TAFE/community college next semester if all goes to plan. Fingers crossed...