Dr abraham

se7ven

He seems most useful for getting a diagnosis so that more local doctors can follow through. Then there is the drug trial you can try.

But, sadly we are largely on our own. Doctors are resources that can help ... but it can be a rough go and difficult to get cooperation - and then you don't know what will work until you try. I was somewhat surprised that some members get all they way of getting meds prescribed and then are too afraid to take them. But there is plenty of fear going around with the disorder.

Hopefully most people are in the "eventually recover" catagory ... and life goes its marry way.

i'm living in norway and it does not seem like the doctor or psykiatrist im going to could help me. i think i will help me getting the right medical help if i could talk to him on the fone or by email. i do not get the right meds either, and the doctor will not describe benzos because i'm a ex addict of speed, and other drugs( i have gotten high on benzo three times during my life). and i really think benzo is whort the risk even tough its a chance it would not work on me. but hey it's whort a try. feeling like im going insane these days and i have had this feeling for over one and a half year( been sober all that time). and im slowly drifting more and more out of who i am. struggeling whit heavy dr and anxyeti, and are only getting depression meds. im telling the doc that he should get to the root af the real problem instead of going after the sicde effects of it.

i'm living in norway and it does not seem like the doctor or psykiatrist im going to could help me. i think i will help me getting the right medical help if i could talk to him on the fone or by email. i do not get the right meds either, and the doctor will not describe benzos because i'm a ex addict of speed, and other drugs( i have gotten high on benzo three times during my life). and i really think benzo is whort the risk even tough its a chance it would not work on me. but hey it's whort a try. feeling like im going insane these days and i have had this feeling for over one and a half year( been sober all that time). and im slowly drifting more and more out of who i am. struggeling whit heavy dr and anxyeti, and are only getting depression meds. im telling the doc that he should get to the root af the real problem instead of going after the sicde effects of it.

If you live near your doctor, you could simply say, "Since you are concerned about abuse, I can stop in every afternoon and you can give me a single dose. Then we will see if it works and where to go from there".

Does your doc think you have HPPD? Does he know what HPPD is? Does he know that Klonopin is the most likely med that will help?

I would agree that trying to get a prescription for Clonazepam, or any other benzo, is not the best option. Particularly if you have had addiction problems in the past. As has been noted here, benzos are only really effective in the short term and seem to be subject to the law of diminishing returns. In the long term, if you are taking them regularly, you will just have to keep upping the dose to for them to be effective at all (and from my experience they're not that effective to begin with). Again, if you have had addiction problems this would be unwise and something your doctor would be unlikely to agree to. Far better to go for something non-addictive and better tolerated like Keppra if you can. In theory, this should be no harder to get prescribed than Clonazepam, probably even easier for an ex-addict, but you need to find a good doctor.

and i can get meds delivered every day by the home nursing service in norway

There you go ... the doctor need not fear you will abuse Klonopin when there isn't enough in your hand to abuse.

And of course there are other meds you can try.

The real question is, does the doctor understand you have HPPD?

Im going start conversation whit A new Psychiatrist next week, and i hope im gonna Get hjelp to start treating my visuals.

Even tough its hppd thats causing them or somre other thing, its most likely hppd thats causing my doctor says.

Excellent ... so doctor thinks in HPPD, he should work with HPPD meds. Unfortunately these aren't established in textbooks, but he should be able to learn about Klonopin use.

What are your symptoms?

Still on Prozac? Did it make your DP/DR better or worse?

my symptoms are visual snow, trails, starburst, objects moving, anxiety, light panic attaks.+ alot more. have quit prozac now, because the dp/dr got much worse. starting up on keppra this friday since klonopi n would be a last resort for me because off my addiction problems.