ALCAR

Anyone take this? It's called Acetyl-L-carnitine. And I've had a few people on other sites swear to its effectiveness against HPPD, but it almost seems to be making some of my symptoms worse. It's only been two days, I'll stick with it for a week or two and tell you guys how it goes.

I've been on it for a few weeks. Just one or two 500 mg capsules a day. Drs best brand so it's decent quality (probably). Maybe I need to take two at a time cos I don't notice much of a difference. Bit clearer thinking but maybe that's just placebo. Also I'm taking loads of other supps just now so it's hard to tell where one starts and the other begins. I got swansons lions mane as well cos of its ngf factor. Seems to work a bit better with the alcar alone. But again Not massive and maybe placebo.

The other supps I've got at the mo are swansons NAC, a b vit complex, bacopa monniera, acetyl l tyrosine, flaxseed oil capsules, magnesium capsules, piracetam, lol. So I'm supped out my nut.

I've been on it for a few weeks. Just one or two 500 mg capsules a day. Drs best brand so it's decent quality (probably). Maybe I need to take two at a time cos I don't notice much of a difference. Bit clearer thinking but maybe that's just placebo. Also I'm taking loads of other supps just now so it's hard to tell where one starts and the other begins. I got swansons lions mane as well cos of its ngf factor. Seems to work a bit better with the alcar alone. But again Not massive and maybe placebo.

The other supps I've got at the mo are swansons NAC, a b vit complex, bacopa monniera, acetyl l tyrosine, flaxseed oil capsules, magnesium capsules, piracetam, lol. So I'm supped out my nut.

Sounds like you are doing it right. I would watch the piracetam. I heard it works for some, but aggravates symptoms for others. I'm about to be taking the ALCAR with a multitude of b vitamins, and some fish oil. Symptoms are still pretty manageable so I try to keep it simple. The only thing that is starting to worry me is the deterioration of my eye health. My retinas seem fucked or something. Having a huge increase in after images and shit. I'm living in France right now so this is the first time I'm experiencing real cold weather. Huge change from the Mississippi weather I am used to it. So I supposed that could have something to do with my increase in visual symptoms. Anyways, keep me updated on how those supps work for you. I've heard of some people saying bacopa and flaxeed help a little, and I haven't tried those yet. One question where do you get your supps from? I ask because I used to get mine from Amazon in the US, but I can't ship that to France. I'm getting mine from HealthSpan out of the UK, but they don't have some of the things I wanted to try.

Mostly from amazon uk mate. Maybe from our local friendly british health food/supp store holland and Barrett. And I just bought this stuff called tongkat Ali from earth rise foods (does loadsa other stuff too) which is sposed to naturally raise your testosterone levels which is good for the gym. Seems to work quite well.

You in France long term? Still better weather than Scotland lol. Think yourself lucky. We're still down at 7 degrees at the mo on a good day.

Mostly from amazon uk mate. Maybe from our local friendly british health food/supp store holland and Barrett. And I just bought this stuff called tongkat Ali from earth rise foods (does loadsa other stuff too) which is sposed to naturally raise your testosterone levels which is good for the gym. Seems to work quite well.

You in France long term? Still better weather than Scotland lol. Think yourself lucky. We're still down at 7 degrees at the mo on a good day.

Shipping from Amazon UK might actually work, I didnt think to try it. Problem with Amazon France is that it is in French, lol. I'm gonna be in France for two more months, then I go back to the US for a month, then I comeback here long term. Yeah, I guess the weather isn't too bad, yet. Yeah fuck Scotland weather. I was there last May and it was still dick freezing cold some days. Not to mention the amount of god damn rain you people seem to put up with.

I'm thinking your increase in after images etc is in direct relation to europes shitty weather. Hppd folk (or me at least) are much more sensitive to shit weather n winter seasons. Vid d takes a massive plunge, n all the supplementation in the world doesn't do diddly squat compared to the SUNS NATURAL POWER! lol. It's no coincidence in scotlands 'summer' in the very few days we get that's decent I feel at my best physically and emotionally and hppd is under control. I was in Egypt in sept for a week, wall to wall sunshine and its the best I've felt in years. Fast forward 2 months to a Scotland November, the clocks going back and winter and I feel like death. In march/April il pick up again. Bloody clockwork.

It's good your keepin it simple though. A strong vit d, strong vit b 6 n 12 and maybe alcar or something's along those lines probs all you need. I'm gonna up my b12 next payday see if that helps any. And get some melatonin cos my sleeps still shit to say the least. I spent a fookin fortune on supps last month. Can't be doing that every pay.