Jay1 - Medication experiences

Over the years, I've tried a varied range of medication with some good and bad experiences. I can't remember the specifics of each, but will try and go over the important ones... Please note that these are personal experiences and everyone differs.... so tread carefully and consult your doctor.

Prozac - awful, terrible anxiety, increase in visual problems.

5HTP - Seems to improve mood, with no side effects.

Keppra - worked well, lowered visuals around 20% and also anxiety, dp/dr issues. (stopped taking after I had a problem losing my supply of Keppra while traveling, major flare up from stopping abruptly). Would consider trying again.

Melatonin - Helps induce sleep, with no side effects.

Pregabalin - Didn't seem to do anything, no side effects though.

Phenobarbital - reduces anxiety slightly, potentiates Klonopin.

Klonopin - reduces anxiety and visuals by around 70% at a dose of 2mg.

So, what do I do now??

Currently, I have a system that seems to work pretty well for me. Along with healthy food and lots of exercise:

Friday - 0.5mg klono / 100mg phenobarbital

Saturday - 0.5mg klono / 100mg phenobarbital

Sunday - 2mg klono

Monday - 1mg klono / 100mg phenobarbital

This gives me quite alot of relief over a 4 day period, then I clean my system for 3 days. Knowing I have another relaxed weekend coming keeps me sane and calm during the week.

I also have a 7 day break from both drugs at the end of each month, to avoid addiction/tolerance.

Please note that both these drugs are strong CNS depressants with well known down sides and should be mixed only at the advice of your doctor.

The first few weeks, I had alot of memory loss and that kind of drunk felling, but that has gone now, with the exception of the 2mg dose, which still dopes me up a bit.

Even after a 1-2 week break, I find the dopey effect is much less than when I first started. I guess the receptors get used to the drug.

i now try keppra. im in my first week with 500mg per day.next week i will up my dose to 1000mg a day.

for now i dont experience side effects and it seems to lessen my brain fog. feel much more clear headed. i take it together with antidepressant.

i will keep you all updated.

i have hppd since 2006 and i think its quiet strong alongside dp/dr.

hope keppra is doing something.

cheers, eric

i now try keppra. im in my first week with 500mg per day.next week i will up my dose to 1000mg a day.

for now i dont experience side effects and it seems to lessen my brain fog. feel much more clear headed. i take it together with antidepressant.

i will keep you all updated.

i have hppd since 2006 and i think its quiet strong alongside dp/dr.

hope keppra is doing something.

cheers, eric

good luck, my friend... i hope it helps you :)

hey gill,

yes i heard that many people who tried keppra felt more depressed on it.

but in my case i even feel less depressed than prior with just taking the antidepressant.

after being ten days on keppra, i feel quiet good,hppd still there but brain feels more normal and im very happy with that.

• 2 weeks later...

I've always wanted to try keppra, but I'm on depakote cause I have bipolar on top of hppd. Not sure what kind of reaction I'd have, plus antidepressants have always made my hppd worse and I've tried atleast 15.

I hope everybody keeps doing trial runs so I can narrow this all down ;)

Keppra 1500mg/day

Clonazepam 2.25 mg/day

LCHF-diet, potentiate the medication atleast doubled.

100% symptom free from being perm. hospitalized,, only side effect is mood stabilizing, which has both pros and cons. It really happened when i started the LCHF. This will allow me to try to drop the keppra dose to start with to 1000mg/day and then hopefully clonazepam to 1.5mg/day.

Going to study philosophy or religion either here in Sweden

or in california. These meds and food needs 100% soberness to work properly.

Writing from iphone so the spelling might look weird.