So how many of you abuse benzos?

cs1234

I'm just wondering. what are your habits? I use pretty sparingly, usually go once a week taking 2-5mg of klonopin. sometimes I'll go a little overboard and take like 9-12mg (spread out over the day lol) but that just warrants a longer rest period. Tolerance builds really really fast for me, I can't even imagine how fast it builds for those that take it everyday.

• Upvote 4

I take on average between 0.25 and 1 mg of Klonopin daily depending on how things are going. I only take it when I need it and a 0.25 to help me sleep at night. I have purposefully not increased my dose over the years as it's something I'm going to have to be on the rest of my life, most likely. I have enough problems without piling benzo addiction on top of it.

Klonopin is not a fun drug to abuse after 2.5 mg. You just feel like going to sleep. Xanax is my favorite to abuse, but above 4mg, I can barely keep my eyes open. Plus the main problem is when I abuse drugs it's to go to Vegas or party. These meds mixed with alcohol at even lower doses you might not wake up.

I personally don't like abusing them because I just wind up going through withdrawals the next couple days (or death if mixed). Opiates are another story a darker one as well :huh:

A year and a half i was started to take 0.5 mg everyday. Before that, i was taken 0.5 3 times a week, with heavy emotional imbalances. So far i dont build any tolerance , my 'lineal thinking' is better and i only see heavy trails when im very tired (or with a bad hangover) and dp-dr is anoying but isnt a terror like before. Obviously, i have good and bad days like everybody. Recently i feel a little worried about build tolerance but i know some people who have never had to increase their dose and are taking klono for several years, so....

anyway last weekend i taked 1mg and it really knocks me out like a bottle of vodka :D

The most klon ive taken was on a weeklong bender. My symptoms weren't nearly as bad then. The most i took that week was 8 and the average id say 4 (2mg roche pills.) By the end they werent doing anything for me except getting me depressed. I stopped and had shivers for a week and that was that. Havent done it in a while. I can take 6mgs of klon and have a great time. 7 mgs of xanax and im blacked out.

Pretty sure my klon is generic which is shit. I want the Roche stuff!! Most I've took in a day is 6-7mg. (With drink too though). Must admit when I hol a good few months ago I had ran out of klon so hit the local pharmacy who only had Xanax (which I had never taken). I took 20 .5 mg pills over 2 days and it was much more enjoyable than klono in a 'buzz' sense. Every benzos better than klono in a buzz sense. But klono does what it says on the tin and quietens down your overexcited neurons.

Pretty sure my klon is generic which is shit. I want the Roche stuff!! Most I've took in a day is 6-7mg. (With drink too though). Must admit when I hol a good few months ago I had ran out of klon so hit the local pharmacy who only had Xanax (which I had never taken). I took 20 .5 mg pills over 2 days and it was much more enjoyable than klono in a 'buzz' sense. Every benzos better than klono in a buzz sense. But klono does what it says on the tin and quietens down your overexcited neurons.

I never really thought that generic prescription drugs were any different then brand name. Are you saying that generic pharmaceuticals are not as good as the brand name? I have never seen any brand name pharmaceuticals on the streets.

Yeah. Think your random bloke in the street wouldn't notice much difference in generic v brand but us hppdrs are more sensitive to the small changes in chemical formula. It's like coca cola or walmarts own make cola. Youl get some weirdos that go ' I prefer the Walmart brand' but the vast majority like the original n more pure cola. (I'm saying Walmart cos I assume your American lol). As soon as I'm prescribed something new and I go to the chemist to pick it up these days my heart sinks a bit if its generic.

• 1 month later...

I've been buying Xanax 4 bars off the street recently and i try to manage my use to 1 bar a day bit i usually end up taking another half towards the end of the day since the half life of alprazolam is so short.

Other than that I see no reason to abuse them. Taking a bunch of em just knocks you out. no euphoria. its a waste imo.

• 4 weeks later...

I've been buying Xanax 4 bars off the street recently and i try to manage my use to 1 bar a day bit i usually end up taking another half towards the end of the day since the half life of alprazolam is so short.

Other than that I see no reason to abuse them. Taking a bunch of em just knocks you out. no euphoria. its a waste imo.

I kind of agree, but at the same time a lessening of symptoms and anxiety is pretty euphoric to me. Not in the neurochemistry sense, but psychologically. There's also a 'just one more pill' mentality you get once you start buzzing off benzos as well. A 2mg stress reducer can turn into a binge/blackout pretty quick. I have no idea how people can stay on a stable dose of this stuff.

• 1 month later...

Ming Xiao, 4mgs of klonopin is equal to 80mgs of valium. (ALOT)

I'm actually on that dosage and it's made me more depressed, my memories horrible and I even stutter a little when I talk now.

If you have to take klonopin start at .5 to 1mg max. I did great on 1mg for many yrs. and I didnt even need to up my dose but the doctors told me to.  I knew in the back of my mind it was the wrong thing to do, but I went on the higher dosages anyways and now I'm really paying for it.

I would only take benzo's if you've been suicidal or just hate life due to anxiety ect..

I see your klonopin treatment is in progress, just try the smallest amount.  I don't want you to wind up like me in tolerance wd's at a extremely high dosage. Take care ;)

Just wondering as I'm getting some Klonopins soon: Does it make you feel dumb? E.g. foggyness, slowness, feeling of stupidity/incomprehension/confusion?
Cause I have enough of that as is, and I doubt if that effect was present that the benefits would outweigh it.

Update: sorry, I'm tired, didn't read the giant "Klonopin makes me retarted" headline there. Dismiss my question.

Everybodies different, for me I could actually think more clearly when I first started taking it but that was at 1mg. It controled my racing thoughts from the anxiety due to hppd. My memory was always fogged due to klonopin though, but as far as making me feel dumb it did the opposite until my body got tolerant to it.

• 1 month later...
I think more clearly on benzo,  I can not focus on anything, according to psychological test I do not have insight on my emotions(it was the time when  I could not find out what is my disease)

I am taking less benzo than my doc recommended me, and I mix klonopin with zomiren, even though I still have sypmtoms such as pulsation of my body, jaws shaking - since really strong anxiety attack, 3 years ago maybe.

I am in shitty situation

good luck people

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just wondering. what are your habits?

Benzodiazapine wise i am on 1mg xanax everyday, when it first comes on i begin to feel blissfully normal and it works wonders sometimes until it wears off completely and then you feel worse. I preffered the long-lasting anxiety relief Klonopin gives but i have to take much more to feel balanced out.

K-pin also didn't make me as unmotivated as Alprazolam as when i take my Xanax it doesn't help me with socializing or being human, i can simply just partially exist as a transparent shade that has no reason than to feel his hour of existance for the day. Its like im taking a little baby step out the rabbit hole while the rest of my body and ego still is lost within never to be mine again.

I know Ambien isn't a Benzo but it still effects GABA receptors and i take 5mgs for sleep because i have a habbit of staying up for 5-6 days at a time with no reason for sleep because i have nothing to exist for except to be right where i am. The worst feeling ever.

• 1 month later...

I usually don't, but I do occaisionally binge. Like tonight. Sometimes overdoing it actaully gives me anxiety, which I learned is a documented adverse reaction to benzos. My grandmother had the same reaction to benzos.

But mostly I don't. I keep a stash on hand for a sense of security, for bad days. Knowing that theres something I can take is enough sometimes.

I abuse mine hardcore. I get 90x 1mgs a month of xnx. Generic Xanax, valium an kpin vary greatly.

IMO= Purepac/Actavis has best generic xnx,  walmart n walgreens but call 1st or u may get stuck w MYLAN BRAND. My all time fave was punch-pack 2mg Gador xanax from argentinia, I feel they ere unbeatable until recently. Roche 2mg kpins are mint, i can't explain how you'd get them but its possible in US to US 2days. 10mg Roche valiums are excellent. I even got a 8 punch-pack of Nitrazapam also good. If you have a script of xnx ask if they have any of these: Actavis Purepac, Greenstone, Qualitest, DAVA) if its for kpins try riteaid they have Teva, no Roche BUT NEVER EVER ACCEPT MYLAN BENZOS.  It's a shame I cant share a domestic source on here. MY LIFESAVER TAKES 2DAYS AND IF I WANT TO OVERNIGHT I GET IT BY NOON FOR$25. Only the name brands and the most you'll pay per 2mg xnx ia $3.50 for the Gadors, Denvers, PPacs.. Already said to much.  Much more also. he has been my guy for 2+yrs.  We always used a safe-mail services. its free secure and can be used with encryption. safe-mail.net

From a ridiculous benzo afficionado. -dkane

• Upvote 1

I never really thought that generic prescription drugs were any different then brand name. Are you saying that generic pharmaceuticals are not as good as the brand name? I have never seen any brand name pharmaceuticals on the streets.

From a long time, experienced user of many different benzos. I can say without a doubt what best generics for xnx, kpins, valium, ativans. I can akso rate them from the best to the not so great then there is Mylan =i would take 2mg of xnx purepac over 30 mylan 1mg xnx.