New here 10 years with hppd

LJ1985

cheers for the input mate. sounds like my story. didnt know what hppd was till 15 years after having it, coupla big relapses. only difference is i got on meds pretty quick but just an ssri. a fair bit of progression from it is in your own hands though, your right. it seems to me hppd in itself is a self sustaining thing, like a virus, or flu. it tries to grab a foothold every chance it can. and its easy to be self destructive or at least self damaging to perpetuate it. but doing the things you list help massively.

15 years, are you ok now then? no wonder it can take so long to find out about hppd, i think its only recognised in the US

when i finally found out about hppd i conronted my doctor, he explained to me that hppd is simply not a recognised dissorder, its not in the international mental health manuals that they learn from. He said maybe im speaking to the wrong man as he knows nothing about it

He told me that these symptoms are catagorised as schizophrenia and treatment for this is antiphychotics.

• 3 weeks later...

LJ1985: this is absolutely NOT schizophrenia...medical professionals are only working with the knowledge they have which is limited...but misdiagnosis of HPPD as a psychotic disorder can have severe consequences...apparently some antipsychotics amplify the visuals.