anyone had a non-drug religous experience/enlightenment etc?

brendan

Yeah, had a dream (two years prior to hppd) I was in a big hall full of light that seemed to be part of me and I it. And I felt a knowledge and peace I've never experienced before or since. Like a thousand E's! Allthough I did take an acid that night before I went to sleep but the trip had wore off and it was a shitty acid (planet?). My friend had the exact same dream that night too weirdly. And he only had a half lol. I think my subconscious ducked into the 'other side' for a bit, and I'm not religious in the slightest.

A few months ago I had a dream I took a ton of LSD and I felt like I was tripping and it was amazing. In the dream I was hugging the earth and I felt like it was hugging me back. I felt fantastic for two days, no joke. I also once had a dream that a ton of white and gold animals came from miles around to see me and give me presents, it wasn't enlightening but it was awesome.

I've had shrapnel blow through my neck during a ToD in Afghanistan. We were based out of Kandahar Airfield(CFB) and were patrolling when a APM-IED went off. The only people caught in the blast were 3 Afghan nationals and 2 of us Canadian Soldiers. By all the luck in the world, we were all fine. except for the fact that i took a piece of shrapnel through the neck which flew only 2cm past my jugular, which would have killed me if it hit since med-vac was at least 20 minutes away.

I began to beleive strongly in God that day.

It was religious. For sure.

• 2 months later...

A few years back I begged god for hours because I wanted to feel hppd free. Well, all of a sudden it happened, looked around the room and no static was present, my mind felt refreshed, and an overwhelming feeling of happiness coursed through my veins. Sadly, it only lasted for an hour though, but it sure did give me hope and reassurance that hppd could be beat and it wasn't brain damage.

A few years back I begged god for hours because I wanted to feel hppd free. Well, all of a sudden it happened, looked around the room and no static was present, my mind felt refreshed, and an overwhelming feeling of happiness coursed through my veins. Sadly, it only lasted for an hour though, but it sure did give me hope and reassure that hppd could be beat and it wasn't brain damage.

For real? :o Was it like 100% gone during that hour?

I've had shrapnel blow through my neck during a ToD in Afghanistan. We were based out of Kandahar Airfield(CFB) and were patrolling when a APM-IED went off. The only people caught in the blast were 3 Afghan nationals and 2 of us Canadian Soldiers. By all the luck in the world, we were all fine. except for the fact that i took a piece of shrapnel through the neck which flew only 2cm past my jugular, which would have killed me if it hit since med-vac was at least 20 minutes away.

I began to beleive strongly in God that day.

It was religious. For sure.

I can kinda relate. Last weekend on the way home from work I rolled my car 3 times on the highway going about 65 cause i fell asleep at the wheel (Don't do Methadone and Xanax kids). After I came out of that with only a cut on my left ear and 2 stitches on my left temporal lobe I kinda have become a little more spiritual about life. I should be dead right now because of that but i'm not.

Yea! I felt better than I do now. Fucking nuts

I'm not questioning your experience, but it sounds really strange. I understand that your brief moment without the symptoms must have given you much hope. My symptoms have been constant 24/7 since I got them. I used to pray a lot in the beginning as well, but living with HPPD have destroyed all the faith I once had.

• 3 months later...

I'm not questioning your experience, but it sounds really strange. I understand that your brief moment without the symptoms must have given you much hope. My symptoms have been constant 24/7 since I got them. I used to pray a lot in the beginning as well, but living with HPPD have destroyed all the faith I once had.

HPPD destroyed my faith too :/

I almost got hit by a Lightning when i still lived in Mallorca, a Flagmast was in the middle of nowhere, even witghout flag....competely sensless to put a mast there....the lightning hit the mast and was glowing orange cause of heat, from there i just criyed and run to my grandpas house (ive been 11)....-still scares me untill today, i always think about if god missed or he just wanted to scare me :/