Grapefruit and pills mix warning

haha damn.... I just commented on the valium thread that this is a decent way to boost your med on small doses.

I've done it upto 20mg of valium and had no ill feelings..... But, as always, don't use my experience as a yardstick.

haha damn.... I just commented on the valium thread that this is a decent way to boost your med on small doses.

You are right. Grapefruit 'occupies' phase 1 liver detoxification. So it slows metabolizing. The real problem isn't making benzos last longer (basically extending their half-life) as it is overall buildup of intermediate metabolites (meds or no meds).

Tylenol hinders liver phase 2 detoxification by depleting glutathione - and it does this everywhere in the body (eyes, brain, etc), not just the liver. There have been increasing warnings about this. Tylenol is far more dangerous than grapefruit ... don't sweat the citrus too much, :o .

One of the biggest problems in the picture is over-medication. Dosing of meds is based on statistical average. But people aren't always average. To put this in perspective, most people do recreational drugs without getting HPPD.

I've done it upto 20mg of valium and had no ill feelings..... But, as always, don't use my experience as a yardstick.

That much valium would keep me in a chair, :P . Curious, how much grapefruit did you 'add' and how much longer did it extend the meds effect?

I remember I read something about combining grapefruit and Zopiclone in the drug info leaflet included in the pack, back in the days when I had them. The combo could increase the effect of Zopiclone.

Doctors can be sloppy (perhaps even ignorant?) about drug interactions and don´t inform patients enough. They can even perscribe incompatible meds (I´ve been a victim of this).

So it´s important to study interactions by yourself it seems.

http://www.fass.se for Swedish speakers

http://www.rxlist.com/script/main/hp.asp for English speakers

Tylenol hinders liver phase 2 detoxification by depleting glutathione - and it does this everywhere in the body (eyes, brain, etc), not just the liver. There have been increasing warnings about this. Tylenol is far more dangerous than grapefruit ... don't sweat the citrus too much, :o .

Yes, Visual. Tylenol is a good way to ruin your liver [and kill yourself], when taken in large doses.

It may only take ~20 pills to do you in.

It didn't make it last noticably longer, but the effects were abut 30% stronger

Facinating ... would have thought it would last longer too.

Doctors can be sloppy (perhaps even ignorant?) about drug interactions and don´t inform patients enough

Lots of reasons: They don't want to scare patients. Sometimes they leave it up to your pharmacist. Too busy. They don't know (not trained or up-to-date). So much hype about everything being both good and dangerous ... sometimes you just have to close your eyes and ears. Am waiting for pure water to be government controlled and issued by prescription.

See-No-evil-Hear-No-Evil-Speak-No-Evil-Lessonsontheenglishlongsword.blogspot.com_.jpgSee-no-evil-Hear-no-evil-Speak-no-evil-Star-Wars-Stormtroopers3.jpg