Does hppd have any advantages?

BAC0N

Well you can keep trace of a fly flight so it's easier to catch it...

You can read a text with your eyes closed...

You can write on air using a lantern...

When you see a pretty thing you see TWO pretty things! Two suns, two rainbows, two girlfriends...

It's almost a superpower...

Well you can keep trace of a fly flight so it's easier to catch it...

You can read a text with your eyes closed...

You can write on air using a lantern...

When you see a pretty thing you see TWO pretty things! Two suns, two rainbows, two girlfriends...

It's almost a superpower...

I know i won''t be sharing my two girlfriends anytime soon. lol

The biggest advantage for me is the ability to now empathize with people who are crazy or who just are stressin out. I've realized that sanity is a matter of degree, and not a black and white distinctions. At my worst, I felt that if something didn't break soon, I would snap and have to be institutionalized. I suddenly understood why that kid shot up virginia tech. I don't condone what he did in any way, but I understood that he was backed into a corner and probably just needed some help - someone to talk to who understood.

• Upvote 1

The biggest advantage for me is the ability to now empathize with people who are crazy or who just are stressin out. I've realized that sanity is a matter of degree, and not a black and white distinctions. At my worst, I felt that if something didn't break soon, I would snap and have to be institutionalized. I suddenly understood why that kid shot up virginia tech. I don't condone what he did in any way, but I understood that he was backed into a corner and probably just needed some help - someone to talk to who understood.

This was the kind of response to the same question on the other board.

There is no physical advantage. Just some people come to terms with it and have more understanding and compassion for others with different problems

• 1 month later...

for me it has made my eyes very sensitive and i can see pieces of dust floating across the room. I think the real advantage of having it is the gained wisdom, to learn from your mistakes and not dwell on them

I guess on a philosophical level, we are men stripped bare of the illusion of objectivity, people take for granted that they are enveloped in a world that everyone is familiar, unchanging, and comprehendable. Beyhond their bodies, there is easily seen truth. We, naturally, as humans, do not interpret the world around us as a manifestation what our senses feels and our brain interprets but rather as a direct connection to what the world is. Why? Because there is no reason not too. HPPD and DP/DR strips this illusion from you and shows how subjective truth really is.

I would not necessarily say this is better, but some would go as far as to say we hppder's have a more acturate version of reality.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I guess on a philosophical level, we are men stripped bare of the illusion of objectivity, people take for granted that they are enveloped in a world that everyone is familiar, unchanging, and comprehendable. Beyhond their bodies, there is easily seen truth. We, naturally, as humans, do not interpret the world around us as a manifestation what our senses feels and our brain interprets but rather as a direct connection to what the world is. Why? Because there is no reason not too. HPPD and DP/DR strips this illusion from you and shows how subjective truth really is.

I would not necessarily say this is better, but some would go as far as to say we hppder's have a more acturate version of reality.

I cannot agree with this. If the HPPD condition is more naturally accurate for humans to perceive their reality then human existence would be miserable right from the start.

The only reason I havn't made a real run at killing myself is the hope that one day this can be almost entirely managed or even completely cured without excessive drugs.

In certain lighting conditions, hppd has given me x-ray vision. None of you guys knew this?....

I better make sure I wear clean underwear around you ...

Don't know if you are serious with x-ray stuff but here is something that, when first experiencing it, thought I had totally lost my mind:

Would look at an instructor and as they were moving back and forth, sometimes their head and/or arms would disappear and I would see the wall behind them.

Eventually figured out that it only happened if I had just recently seen what was behind a person. It never, for example, happened with a picture. Perhaps it is like looking at the blades of a ceiling fan that are moving too fast to see.

A doctor told me that vision is extremely memory intensive, so this experience isn't as strange as it seemed. Just merging information from earlier frames.

As far as advantages, think of the money you save not buying HDTV and BlueRay videos. And if it keeps some of us out of Walmart – that’s gotta be a good thing.