Your Personal Reason why you think you got HPPD

Dancetrooper

Hey Guys,

i just want to know what you think is the reason you got HPPD (seen mental, not physical)

I think i got HPPD because of a stupid mind: I liked my wall wobbling around on my LSD-Trip, so i thought it would be awesome if the wall would be like that sometimes even without drugs.....and also that my friends left me alone on my trip, but more reasonable it´s the mind about the wall i had....Yeah i wanted to mix the Reality with the LSD, maybe that´s why.....

I had 2 Trips where ive been psychologically more worried and destroyed then on my LSD-Trip, i really thought id get HPPD again from shrooms, i really was worried more then on the LSD TRip, but i didnt had any aftereffects of it.........

After that 2 trips i gave up the mind that only a bad trip can get you HPPD, it must be yourself wishing to mix (even only this bit is enough) the reality with your trip.......

The problem at this is: Is it possible to get 2 HPPD´s ? Would the first HPPD be overwritten or mix with the second?...Or is it not possible to get 2 HPPD´s at the same time because the 5ht2a already is damaged??

Tell me your stories guys would be awesome :D

I've been left alone a few times tripping. Had bad trips also. Feared I may never come back. Tried to induce latent-tripping- capacity when sober and of a sound mind to cleanse body of these distortions. Realized my already slightly damaged, pre-drug-brain's growth has been more retarded with haphazard drug use. [When sober] Have also entered a place in my mind [at times] similar to the Alice in Wonderland rabbit-hole, the abyss, and saw things like little dancing men similar [in movement] to water's convection in a boiling pot.

5ht2a problem may be density [concentrations] rather than the receptor itself [because the receptor's are recycled/reformed rather quickly]. The other theory is the post/pre-synaptic receptors/surfaces get burnt-up.

I did weed a couple of times and the last time, me and my friends smoked too much (both marijuana and haschish), which made me hallucinate and left me unconscious on the floor while i saw myself die in third person view. I also exchanged a few words with the devil during the trip. Three weeks after the trip i got bad anxiety and flashbacks and the next morning i woke up with all the symptoms.

Done way to much MDMA tripped the Fuck out got home still tripping fell asleep woke up still tripping thinking everything was real plus I had visual things in the past before ever doing drugs due to migraine attacks and would always see the odd floaters I think some peoples brains are more vulnerable to developing hppd than others I think even if I hadn't of had a bad trip I'd still be fucked

I think my HPPD is a result of two bad trips I had back to back. I really feel like the extremem negativity of the experiences had something to do with how long lasting my HPPD has been. I feel like if I had tripped the same number of times in all and never had a bad trip then my HPPD would have been much less severe. Aside from the HPPD I think the DP/DR that I have is 100% a result of how negative my trips were. They left with a lof of weird anxiety that I think led to the DP.

It is told that good Orange Bud let´s you hallucinate, but dont think it´s possible, even if you´re 100% sure you smoked weed, it at least was lazed with something, nowadays you cun put almost everthing onto the weed, from opioids to PCP, DMT or Salvia , i think the chance you got lazed weed and get HPPD is ways bigger then getting HPPD from normal weed. The differences of both are too big....

Tell me some of your visual disturbaces myrslingerbult, while the trip would be good, you can "filter" it by sorting the bodyfeeling out....everyone feels it different but everyone should easy notice the differ of Opiods to Alkaloids / Speed to MDMA / Weed to Kanna

Morbide, i always think the same when i think about..But hey, how shitty would my life be today without HPPD, i dont want to know it :D

Sometimes I think I got it for being a shitty person. Ive done a lot of shitty things to good people, just because of my drug lust. I spent High School high on cocaine and pills. I treated LSD and other hallucinogens like a good time, and didn't respect them. I smoked a million different kinds of spice. The thing that bothers me most though, is that right before I got it I promised myself I would quit smoking pot. I broke my own promise and ended up with it a few days later. So, sometimes I think I deserve it.

I got it cos I think I had an underlying personality disorder where I created a 'shell/shield' to ward off any excess stress cos I had mega insecurity as a teenager. Even before drug use. Drug use just helped me strengthen the shell so nothing could get back out. You need an outlet. Apart from that a few mini dodgy trips and one particularly bad one (eyewitness accounts cos I was so drunk also I can't remember it) where I was pacing the room for hours not speaking and constantly putting my hand up to my mouth?!? Pretty glad I can't remember it actually,k but remember it or not the subconscious stored it for sure. And a month or so after that a couple of X nights where I developed a migraine that threatened to split my brain right down the centre line. Then a particularly stressful day and a half e at night, and next morning...BAMM! So mostly stupidity and denial I was fucked up led me to it. And the rashness of youth.

I think mine had something to do with depression leading up to the trips. I smashed some a hole lot of x one night and then had the worst come down. This was my first real come down and just felt like I had fried my brain for ever. This then lead me to depression for a few the next few months and not being able to cope with day to day dramas. While I was coping with this I had 3 trips over 4 weekends on some srooms, bang hppd for almost 6 years now

I took shrooms over the course of three days.

Day three while tripping I felt like I blew a fuse.

The panic set in.

Almost jumped out of a thirty story window.

Visuals lines that swirl in my vision as I move my eyes.

Anxiety fluctuates from mild to fucked up.

That was 15 years ago.

i think it has something to do with subconcious resistance to experience. Bit like 3rdtour says. I think this is how you get ptsd too. If you are able to give up control and still feel grounded then maybe you wont get hppd. I think head pressure may be a symptom of internalising control. Dunno if i'm making much sense.

I actually totally get what you are saying [...abstract IS the language i speak..lol]. Consciousness cannot always be summed up in a neat little box with science.

For me head pressure comes from me trying to "maintain control".

But if i let it [attention/concentration] go away too much, i start feeling like Slingblade.

.....mmm, yea.............I like me some french fried potaters........

Smoked some of the dankest weed I've ever seen when the trip was peaking; shit made me trip my face off. At first it was the coolest thing in the world, but then my mind lunged me into a paranoid, psychedelic hell. I'll never forget how I thought "Hm maybe if I close my eyes I won't see this shit anymore" WRONG that just made it worse. Everything was fractalling really weird like. At least I had my music and a great friend help me get through it. After that trip i developed pre-hppd, saw circles in my vision but it went away after 2 or 3 days. A week later I dropped a couple tabs again (because I'm a dumbass) and woke up with full HPPD. shared a bowl later that night and some pretty crazy geometric pattern came up.

And now here I am. I love complaining about how unlucky and unfair HPPD is, but to be honest the handful of times I tripped were some of the best, incomparable days of my life. It's such a shame I can't do it again, nor will ever experience MDMA. Then there's pot, which just isn't fun anymore.

It is told that good Orange Bud let´s you hallucinate, but dont think it´s possible, even if you´re 100% sure you smoked weed, it at least was lazed with something, nowadays you cun put almost everthing onto the weed, from opioids to PCP, DMT or Salvia , i think the chance you got lazed weed and get HPPD is ways bigger then getting HPPD from normal weed. The differences of both are too big....

eh...most drugs are destroyed when directly exposed to flame (obviously there are exceptions, but im just saying), plus it really isn't as common as most people think for weed to be laced. A lot of people just seem to forget that weed is a hallucinogen, and some strains can be really psychedelic. Plus hash WILL FUCK YOU UP BIG TIME, so if you have a low tolerance and say, take a bong rip or two of hash then that can make you trip balls. Hell, if you have a low tolerance you can have a pretty trippy experience from just normal weed too.

I think my HPPD is a result of two bad trips I had back to back. I really feel like the extremem negativity of the experiences had something to do with how long lasting my HPPD has been. I feel like if I had tripped the same number of times in all and never had a bad trip then my HPPD would have been much less severe. Aside from the HPPD I think the DP/DR that I have is 100% a result of how negative my trips were. They left with a lof of weird anxiety that I think led to the DP.

i think it has something to do with subconcious resistance to experience. Bit like 3rdtour says. I think this is how you get ptsd too. If you are able to give up control and still feel grounded then maybe you wont get hppd. I think head pressure may be a symptom of internalising control. Dunno if i'm making much sense.

I don't think there's any question about it that hppd and some form of ptsd are connected, I mean it's no coincidence that I'd say 95%+ of the members here who got HPPD from hallucinogens also had a bad trip.

Sometimes I think I got it for being a shitty person. Ive done a lot of shitty things to good people, just because of my drug lust. I spent High School high on cocaine and pills. I treated LSD and other hallucinogens like a good time, and didn't respect them. I smoked a million different kinds of spice. The thing that bothers me most though, is that right before I got it I promised myself I would quit smoking pot. I broke my own promise and ended up with it a few days later. So, sometimes I think I deserve it.

nah man now don't say that. Yeah, you did take it too far with drugs but that's the only reason you got HPPD, not cause of karma. At least hppd made you get your shit together so you're not some junkie living to get high anymore. I hope you've been able to mend your regrets, too.

Also, I know that exact feeling of the promise-to-yourself thing. On my last trip I swore off hallucinogens but lo and behold me and a buddy split a tab when we were coming down. I probably would've got HPPD either way, but still...

(damn guys sorry about the double post/wall of text, I guess it happens when you haven't been on the board for a while haha)