dp/dr, visuals, anxiety, physical chest pain and difficulty breathing (due to anxiety, maybe)

I have one symptom that I have never seen on here.... A feeling of dread is how i best describe it... Just a lingering feeling that something really bad is going to happen. I don't even have paranoid/swirling thoughts... Just this strange, deep feeling... Mainly at night.

Yeah I had that feeling a lot during the weeks that followed my MDMA it's like a feeling of impending doom like for me it was rhe worst feeling ever worse than depression anxiety it was horrible I think that feeling is linked with anxiety though my worst symptoms are visual snow light sensitivity and maybe dr when I get it it sucks

Myrs and Jay---That feeling has got to be involved with anxiety. Also I would get that feeling when I would "stop the laughing", "come out of my own little world", "look in the mirror and realize I may be laughing at my own self". Then i get serious, and sad, very depressed, more anxious: come to the realization that i have had brain damage. ......But once i have become familiar with this feeling I don't have to go through this whole series of events. It will only take a very small trigger. Or in the instance of going to sleep, switching over from the conscious to the unconscious. ..............When you wake up, you kind of know where you've been; when you are about to go to sleep, you know where you are gonna go.......... You can't mask the damage, the twisted-ness, the insanity with defense mechanisms of the conscious when you are fully in the unbridled subconscious of sleep.

Short-term memory problems are the most frustrating for me, along with delayed/messed up verbal recall. DPDR suck too. I have come to peace with the snow. I'm not crazy about the closed eyed visuals, but if they are here to stay, I can live with those as well (or at least become very good at ignoring them.)

As with the impending feeling of doom/dread- that's anxiety. I know the feeling because I had anxiety/those feelings looooong before I ever even had HPPD, even long before I started drinking/experimenting with drugs. It's cascading adrenaline, and while it feels 'dangerous' or like 'madness,' it is probably the most manageable/ non-permanent symptom. I know all symptoms are jumbled up together, but just because you can't treat one (e.g., visual snow) doesn't mean you can't try to pin point and treat another, perhaps somewhat separate sensation. I'd recommend this book: (When Panic Attacks, by Aine Tubridy)-

http://www.valorebooks.com/textbooks/when-panic-attacks/9780717144297?utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=Froogle&utm_source=Froogle&date=10/28/12&buy=3&gclid=CMjG8bimpbMCFQmCQgodm2UAjQ

Helps explain what your body is doing when you panic, along with natural techniques to counteract the physiological process taking place.

yea, i think the dread thing must be anxiety related... But it is strange, as I have a pretty good handle on anxiety and can usually think me way out of swirling thought patterns. The dread thing is different, as it is not a logical problem that i can think through and work a solution out (unlike the anxiety of money problems, for instance)

we live in such a fucked up time... a sense of dread is inevitable, i guess.

Hey Jay,

I used to get that sense of dread really intensely. It was always accompanied by a dramatic increase in visuals and severe brainfog. I got to the point where the anxiety was minimal during it. It didn't feel organic at the point, I was logically aware that I shouldn't be feeling this where and I wasn't anxious about it but I would happen anyway. I thought it was related to panic attack of something but I always thought it was weird that there was no panic. Just an overwhelming sense of doom that would leave adrift we a few hours. When I saw the neurologist he told me that is common with epilepsy patients. Keppra seems to have helped this occur less frequently and no where near as strong. So, perhaps it's due to electrical over activity in the brain.

Guess i have dread too. Cant be much different from what everyone felt during the cold war though? Maybe 2012 has you worried? haha

Haha hurricane Sandy is just the beginning... But my birthday is on the doomsday (21/12) so nothing better happen

Some people are so weird when it comes to 2012 and similar stories I read about this group of people who believed they were going to get beamed up into a spaceship and spoke to spirit aliens and the world was going to end and when the spaceship didnt come as promised by the leaders these people still believed in this ridiculous cult and stories lol

Anxiety, head pressure, fatigue, dp/dr but most of all the muscle tension throughout my whole body. It's pretty crazy about this being a visual disorder, yet that's not on my list of complaints. Todays a good day, but always have time to complain lol gd all!!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Bryan12231

For me I always have crazy anxiety about just having my hppd get to me and me just wigging out one day ad just going absolutely bat shit crazy. I've gotten used to most symptoms but when my dp/dr is bad it makes me feel unstable and unbalanced while standing or walking which can trigger anxiety and thus visuals.