CBD Strains of Marijuana

The idea of ​​replacing the klonopin with something like the cbd is attractive to me. However for those who dont see a relationship between cannabis and HPPD, do not forget that there are a lot of people suffering from DP-DR by cannabis. Something that I think is another "branch" of HPPD.

On the third day of have fully developed this disorder i remember having smoked a small amount of weed and was a very frightening experience (no more drugs since then). But everyone is different....

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

Wow, just wanted to share this. This is an extract from http://www.chicagonow.com/chicago-medical-marijuana/2013/11/cannabidiol-the-side-of-marijuana-you-dont-know/

Here are some things that should prompt us to give CBD a much closer look...

CBD reverses alcohol-induced brain damage.

According to a recent University of Kentucky study, cannabidiol can prompt physiological brain changes that could help offset the damage caused by chronic alcoholism. The study found that administration of CBD resulted in a 48.8% reduction in entorhinal cortex neurodegeneration. Stoners have known forever that a few tokes provide incredible hangover relief, but this study takes the therapeutic potential of cannabanoids to a whole new level.

CBD is a very effective treatment option for severe social anxiety.

Many people claim to find relief from anxiety with marijuana while others say the opposite. It appears CBD content may be the deciding variable.

A study aimed at determining CBD's impact on social anxiety in public speaking demonstrated that those pretreated with CBD experienced significantly reduced anxiety, cognitive impairment and discomfort during their speech performance. The placebo group experienced noticeably higher levels of  anxiety and discomfort. The study's authors stress that CBD holds many advantages over standard social anxiety treatments such as anti-depressants due to its quick onset of efficiency and absence of severe withdrawal symptoms or side effects.

CBD "turns off" the cancer gene found in metastasis. 

Scientists at California Pacific Medical Center found that CBD turns off a gene that causes cancer cells to metastasize, or spread. This finding adds credibility to the growing evidence that marijuana is one of the best things a cancer patient can consume, whether for symptom relief or actual prevention. It also makes UCLA's marijuana-doesn't-cause-lung-cancer study that much more interesting; is it possible the cannabanoids themselves offset the carcinogens found in smoke? Could marijuana truly be anti-cancer?

CBD is a potent anti-psychotic medicine.

A clinical trial in Germany found CBD to be as effective in treating schizophrenia as common antipsychotic medication with far fewer side effects. This further clarifies the yin-yang relationship of marijuana, since THC has been shown to trigger psychosis in high doses. CBD is what offsets the negative mental effects of THC alone, and thus, should be the focus of any marijuana user with a history of mental illness.

Last but not least...it's LEGAL! 

That's right! If you're an American reading this right now, you can have a CBD-infused product sent to your home safely and legally. CBD is consumed in a variety of forms including oil, tinctures, edibles, capsules, lotion and even chewing gum. My personal favorite place to shop for CBD isBayshore Botanicals.

sorry if this has already been mentioned as i am too lazy to go thru 5 pages of this thread.  Jus thought i would mention that according to wikipedia, industrial hemp has very high cbd:thc ratio, albeit low in amount: 

A total of 46 varieties of hemp with low levels of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) are certified by the European Union (EU).[56] They have, unlike other types, a very high fiber content of 30-40%. In contrast to cannabis for medical use, varieties grown for fiber and seed have less than 0.2% THC and they are unsuitable for producing hashish and marijuana.[57] The most important cannabinoid in industrial hemp is cannabidiol (CBD) with a proportion of 1 to 5%.

i remember as a teenager (mid 90's) growing hemp from an angling shop (seeds used as ground bait) under natural light. A large bag for 55p, so was just bog-standard hemp, no fancy strains, tho i dont know if it was one of the eu licenced strains. Although not the crippling strenth of modern strains, it did the job - and were very large plants with broad leaves.