Clonazepam substitute

mbellamy09

Hey guys I have been reading a lot more recently of certain types of sleep and/or lack of deep sleep can cause some dp/dr. Bentos don't help either which is why I'm thinking of weening myself off. Try again anyways. I was up to 2 mg a day I'm not down to .5. Is there a substitute for it at night? To help sleep. My short term memory is also shot and that cloudy feeling is just getting overwhelming. I believe my 5 year benzo use has caused it. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you

I tried that once before and right before I went to sleep the..... Odd images were ridiculously bad. That was with klono use though. Thanks for the reminder of it though, def. will keep that in mind. I'm gonna say this wrong but what about a 5htp increase supplement? Or decrease? Just for at night right now I think.

morbide suggested hydroxizine, a very sedating antihistamine a while ago. it helped me a lot, made sleep VERY easy and decreased visuals somewhat. Anxiety was completely gone. however, it makes you really drowsy all the time if you take it on a daily basis.

I'm trying to get a list of things to bring into my doc on Thursday see if he knows anything. But should I be worried about the little increase in visual problems when I decrease the clonazepam? I'd like to take some cod liver oil pills as has been recommended but I'm already on a bunch of medicine.

There is someone here that swears by Keppra. There is someone else who tried both that prefers Sinemet. Kozin, i think, is on Gabapentin. If your problem is anxiety, i think your options could be Buspar or Lexapro/Celexa.

.......I was just sick recently and it was the worst time to try to evaluate other conditions. I got some relief from Bendryl. But the problem is eustachian/middle ear infections with them meds.

If really want to go to sleep, take a very small amount of atypical antipsychotic. I personally don't advise it, but i know some psychopharms are using it for sleep disorders (as i is taken at night etc.)

Well the first night of taking it was ok I guess. I did see more of the weird images though when I tried to go to sleep. Maybe my trails were a little better but the feeling of looking at something then looking away and then looking quickly back and the original thing looks new. Like the first time seeing it. Hard to explain. But it's 25mg of hydroxyzine so pretty low dose and this morning I feel lightheaded. At least that's the best way to describe it I guess.

I'm gonna keep taking it though because I don't know if it was the new medicine causing it or lack of klono at night. Anyone who took hydroxyzine have similar effects though?

Well now I actually noticed the dreamy feeling is getting a lot worse. Maybe should've heeded advice about antipsychotics lol? Idk maybe ill go pick up some tryptophan but hate to give up on a med after one night but it seemed most was worse. And those images at night scare the shit out of me

how much clonazepam were you on each night? I wouldn't stop completely cold turkey if I were you as I've read somewhere that it can mess with the receptor it targets (I'll look for the source). you should look into a valium taper and go reeeaaally slowly. Like if your on 1 mg of klonopin a night, get on 10 mg of valium and then taper off 1 mg every two weeks.