I need help, again..Who had social anxiety before HPPD, and did HPPD make it worse or stay the same.

Ah, Blue Moon is the best!

Anyway, I think I used to have a bit of social anxiety. Definitely had generalized anxiety growing up, and this filtered into my social interactions.

Truth is, you're still very young. In my early twenties I just naturally became a bit more genuinely confident, comfortable in my own skin. Even in the bowels of HPPD despair, I still have the tools I gradually learned to handle social situations. Maybe just give it a bit of time, don't be too hard on yourself (as in, going over everything you did after a social encounter. Say, "That was a good practice run!" and let it go. People really don't notice if you're uncomfortable, and if it's not a great connection, that says just as much about them as it does about you.) Just give it a bit of time/practice/patience.

And yes, I keep telling myself, "Once this DR shit clears up, life with be a piece of cake!" Although I know all of my old fears/insecurities are waiting for me on the other side (should the other side prove attainable for me :P )

Ah, Blue Moon is the best!

Anyway, I think I used to have a bit of social anxiety. Definitely had generalized anxiety growing up, and this filtered into my social interactions.

Truth is, you're still very young. In my early twenties I just naturally became a bit more genuinely confident, comfortable in my own skin. Even in the bowels of HPPD despair, I still have the tools I gradually learned to handle social situations. Maybe just give it a bit of time, don't be too hard on yourself (as in, going over everything you did after a social encounter. Say, "That was a good practice run!" and let it go. People really don't notice if you're uncomfortable, and if it's not a great connection, that says just as much about them as it does about you.) Just give it a bit of time/practice/patience.

And yes, I keep telling myself, "Once this DR shit clears up, life with be a piece of cake!" Although I know all of my old fears/insecurities are waiting for me on the other side (should the other side prove attainable for me :P )

Thanks for the reply, and idk maybe I am being a little too hard on myself, but it just sucks. All I want to do is to be able to talk to people face to face and not worry about saying things wrong or stuttering ect ect ect. It is just so disheartening because my thoughts are so clear within my mind, but when I go to say things I sound like the village idiot. Maybe other people don't pick up on it, but that really doesn't matter because I know I do and that's what counts.