RELEASED: Initial Results of COMT-inhibition Study conducted by Dr. Abraham

David S. Kozin

Visual it's very different... but honestly, reading my comment I realized I sounded very unthankful, that's not the case... just pointing that this kind of trial does not have the same scientific rigor that is often desirable, but, yes, it is a great step and very good news.

No offense taken here, B)

Always like to draw attention to what we can do ourselves now [ anyone of us could've conducted one, honestly... ]. It takes many years to bring a drug to the market ... then 20 years for it to become more affordable. Testing new applications for existing meds obviously reduces time.

For HPPD, well, we have to work with what we can get. Looking at the varied responses people here have with meds, you can see that in the end there is a lot of trial to see what works for an individual.

• Upvote 3

• 1 year later...

Very nice visual,

independent ideas on here will transform into an alliance of persistence into perseverance by doing so we will come up with answers. We need to delicate du-diligence and learn as a whole it takes an army to win a war.. We need good intelligent leaders to designate sub leaders then the internet soldiers do research, scan areas, learn the anatomy of physiology, biochemistry, neurology, topics like that and MAKE A STAND. We all just need to work together as a nucleus, I mean were almost there and we are definitely designed to and capable of doing this. JUST BELIEVE THEN ACT UPON IT WE CAN BE PROFESSIONALS INTO FINDING A CURE TOGETHER IF NOT AT LEAST ASSIST IT.

I do not like vendor machines because my chocolate bar always gets caught in the coil so u never get what u pay for..

• Upvote 2

I do not like vendor machines because my chocolate bar always gets caught in the coil so u never get what u pay for..

Unfortunately, doctors are mainly vening machines.  They are trained to diagnose and treat according to what drugs are available.  Outside of this is research ... you often need a doc with a progressive outlook to get help.  The best docs I've seen were involved in research.  It doesn't have to be HPPD research.  What you are looking for is a frame of mind.

Well I can attest for at least a two hour period I came to be 99.9999% normal all thanks to this board and dr. Abraham. I spent most of that time crying tears of joy.

Hope,

Since you suffer so much depression and frustration, why don't you try this from time to time?  Kind of like what Jay does with having a 'Klonopin vacation'.

• Upvote 2

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately, doctors are mainly vening machines.  They are trained to diagnose and treat according to what drugs are available.  Outside of this is research ... you often need a doc with a progressive outlook to get help.  The best docs I've seen were involved in research.  It doesn't have to be HPPD research.  What you are looking for is a frame of mind.

Hope,

Since you suffer so much depression and frustration, why don't you try this from time to time?  Kind of like what Jay does with having a 'Klonopin vacation'.

Hope1 was this Sinemet?

• 3 weeks later...

Sinimet did nothing for me but the combo of the two drugs helped.
I recall saying the 4 hour respite was the most "normal" I felt in years but it really wasn't. I felt somewhat fine but cognitively things were way off. I couldn't control what I was saying as if my mouth had a hard time catching up with my brain.

• 2 weeks later...