Honestly really?

mikethemerc1

So I was feeling a lot better recently, everything was reverting back to normal, except for minor 5 minute flashbacks. Then at night I had a rough time getting to sleep and had a weird head buzz and the hppd got notched up in intensity. Yet I don't know, I had migraines when I was 8. Soon after, I went through a phase I called "the thoughts". I'm pretty sure I went through dp dr and didnt know it. A lot of people said I went through puberty, but it wasn't. This lasted six months roughly and I was put on tenex for add. Idk what alleviated what but it faded just like my first bout of hppd. Now I'm fairly certain drugs are triggers for migraines. So idk if my migraines are part of hppd or vise versa. I've never been a heavy drug user, one hallucinogenic use triggered my hppd. Is it possible that these are Pma? persistent migraine aura? Is dp dr a symptom of Pma? My first hppd experience ended without drug use, but after I took 3 weeks of desiprimine for migraines. I had severe sleep parayalis as a result but my hppd stopped a few months later. I doubt that stuff helped with those effects, but idk. I thought I was in the last weeks of this and boom, two steps back. I guess a week of no symptoms is great but i dont know why it got worse again?

I think your "dp" a a young person is like looking in the mirror and being like: who is this person? To this day i sometimes view my life in 3rd person.

The person you see in pictures is not identified with the person who feels, perceives, observes, thinks, contemplates, etc.

Psychological/psychiatric or perceptual disorders are diagnosed largely on what the patient tells the doctor and the specific grouping of symptoms. So, in other words, there is no test at the moment for these disorders, like let's just say a TB test.

Sadly there is a huge amount of people with low-level mental-stuff (from insomnia or whatever). And all these old people would like nothing more than to have you join in their misery.

For hundreds of years, people who were square pegs were seen as having some pathology and were treated as if their mind frame and behaviors were reflective of disease and a troubled life. Look at involuntary ECT or lobotomies.

No I understand what you're saying but the migraine aura thing is what I think is more what im experiencing, yet I think all these disorders are the same so what's the difference anyway. But I know what you're getting at the world even healthy people never see the world they did years ago. The brain constantly changes but it's the awareness of the change that is disturbing. Honestly I'm well put together mentally, but when I look at the time I've spent with this disorder it's disturbing even more so than the disorder, I wish I never researched anything, hppd, dp dr, any of it. I wish I couldve just pretended it didnt happen but then that fear comes back. Illogical since Ive healed once and will again eventually, it just my own mind hurting me at this point, trying to find answers to all of it, and at the same time trying not to ask the questions because I did it once and here I am again. I guess I have a concern on migraine aura because of my 8 mm pituitary cyst that is likely the source of my migraines pre hppd. If that's causing migraines, then maybe it's could cause Pma. I know that's bull since drugs were involved, but maybe my fear of it gave me a migraine! Maybe I should just shut the fuck up and move on again for that is the only option and solution.

Trust mg this is the only thing that makes me crazy, and of course the whole running away from secondhand pot smoke. I'm really contemplating moving somewhere where pot is highly criminalized I mean people smoke it right in the street in Boston cause the worst cops do is take it away. Hell when I was working on the pd half the officers smoked. I'm starting to hate America even more.

Well......join the club ..lol. Here in the US, you could go to a small store and meet every level of good and bad, all in about 1000sq. ft. I think for me the worst is not people who smoke weed but the other drugs that go along with it. I'd much rather smell some weed than have someone squeeze an eye drop bottle full of LSD in my milkshake. ..........The only things I can think are stronger than some of these drugs are ricin and polonium. Those are some serious chems/elements.

Honestly I don't think hppd is a stand alone disorder, the drug obviously irritated and already fragile part of our brains, I mean they're not in our system anymore so it had to trigger something else. I mean I know some real acid heads who hardly get flashbacks so the whole burnt out receptor things I don't buy. Dopamine is part of the problem yes, but it's not like we don't make it like Parkinson's. I mean my experience, where such a small amount of exposure to weed brought back full blown hppd is proof that dopamine isn't the whole problem, there's no way I fried those receptors again from that. Yet migraines can be triggered by anything. Idk Pma is identical to hppd, maybe scarier actually since drugs don't have to be involved. Maybe hppd is just induced migraine aura without infarction, if that's the case maybe there's hope for getting docs to help us, and not treat us like junkies