Body Building supps and HPPD

Jay1

Is there anything to avoid?

I'm starting to bulk up ready for the winter surf season here.... I usually just up my protein intake through food, but have been looking into whey protein and other supplements.... Any problems with hppd?

Ive never surfed...bet its amazing.

I've took loads of different protein powders etc for bulking up. I personally don't notice a difference in hppd worsening. I cycle on and off creatine when I can afford it, that's brill for muscle growth n I'm pretty sure there's evidence it helps brain function as well. and the same with ZMA tablets before bed. (zinc, magnesium, and I don't even remember what the A stands for lol). at the moment I'm trying to up my cardio to lose a stone so not bothering with protein so much via supps.

cool, thanks mate.... It was Creatine that had me worried, something about the name just screamed panic attack... I'll check out ZMA, sounds like a good supp. even without the weights.

Scotland has some sweet waves, but cold as hell.... Thurso is supposed to be world class. I'll stick with the Algarve for now though!

I would stick to protein bars, vitamins, amino acids, antioxidants ------but stay away from things like steroid-derivatives, pregnenolone (i think), anabol, dianabol, winstrol, and creatine shows no real benefit and for doctors who take ordinary blood-tests of people who take it: it really messes up the test and changes things in the blood. ------I have taken things like Alpha Lipoic Acid, glutathione, l-carnitine, CoQ10, and pregnenolone. I had done some research and got these drugs for antioxidant effects, for tinnitus, and for a potential varicocele treatment. I think after all was said-and-done, i believe, the pregnenolone did some really weird/bad stuff to me. The rest are good, to a certain extant, and are fairly benign if taken correctly. ........Also ---my thought is:

most of these supplements are superfluous.

undenatured whey protein has cystine in it which is potentially good due to being glutathione precursor (must be undenatured tho).

Pea protein may be good or bad due to its low methionine which is an interesting amino acid (google methionine restriction).

soya protein has a high estrogen content so probly bad.

it depends what they put with the whey protein. Alot of them have additives that effect neurotransmitters and can be pretty beneficial but you might want to be mindful of yourself if you start seeing a lot of weird side effects. Also, if you start taking it don't just stop abrubtly, your body won't like it. look up whey protein dangers

I think i'll leave creatine... Already seeing more results just throwing in an extra tin of tuna per day... I've looked into whey protein and ordered some of the best stuff, from the reviews I read...

Time to go hulk..... It's amazing how quickly your body changes, I can see why it is addictive (an addiction I can finally embrace!)

You hitting the gym hard? What kinda workout you doing? Exercise and weights is what keeps me going. I ran 5 miles today and had over an hour doing a full body weights circuits in the gym...felt great for it. Allthough I'm currently 14 stone and want to get to 13 to help my manoeuvrability for playing 7 a side footy. I think hppd fucks my thyroid up though so I find it hard to get to a certain weight. :/

Plus creatine is natural in steak and red meat. Good excuse to munch steak a couple times a week. I just take 1 creatine capsule a couple times a week. Don't feel any side effects, maybe a placebo though but I always feel like I can give that extra ten %. had a couple of tramadol too before my workout today though n that geed me up, lol.

I do alot of cardio and, like you, play footy... 7 a side midweek and 11 side on the weekend. I fucked my left ankle ligament last month though and will be out for a few months.... So have changed my routine to really boost my upper body while I can't do much leg work.

I just do it from home with a bench, some dumbells, an ab machine, leg weights, swimming pool and cross trainer. So far, so good... although I feel i might wanna move to a proper gym soon, if i hit a wall with improvements at home.

I've been following some vids on this guy's site - http://scoobysworkshop.com and also http://www.gabbyandlaird.com (fantastic for nutrition)

I've always been slight in build and only ever half heartedly tried with weights before, as I just thought it would take too much effort. I was amazed that I saw pretty huge body changes in a month or so with diet and weights.

Feel probably the healthiest, body wise, since I were a teen. Doesn't do any harm for the confidence either, gettin a bit more attention from the chicas :D

Aye, get the short sleeved polo shirts on lol. Soon ma guns will be under 5 fuckin layers lol. I work in a fitness centre so it's par for the course I can work out for free. In general, two games of 7 a side (couldn't handle 11s I think). A couple of 3-5 mile runs, weights three times a week, and I like tennis on occasion. You a decent footy player? What's your proffered position?

Yeah, I've got a few things here if I can't be atsed going to work. 16kg kettlebell, skipping ropes, gym ball. Just settling doon thenoo though to watch Madrid city. Should be good. :)

yea, i'm pretty good at footy... play with quite a few players who have been in and around the local team here (Portimonense) ... a few trained with Moutinho before he hit the big time.

we mix it up a bit with 7 a side... But 11 a side, I tend to play in the holding midfield role. The Portuguese are easily rattled with a bit of pressing and a few tough tackles at the start of the game generally leaves me in control. I used to play left wing, but my legs have gone a bit now (35 this month).

Yea, watching Madrid v City here too.... Madrid are all over them, but not really getting much success.... If Toure had his passing boots on, City could be 2 nil up on the counter.

Who do'ya support then? I'm a Port Vale fan, not many of us around :D ... I follow Man UTD though too, family are all from north west area.

Yip, ten years ago I could run past folk, had that extra yard of pace, and scored at will. Now I just sit in the middle and try to provide.zip the ball about. I'm right footed but not bad with my left. It's tough, without the hppd I'd be 4 times the player I am. Specially awareness wise. I tend to annoy folk by slowing the game down checking for options lol.

I'm a Celtic man of course. Has to be one or the other. Or at least 80-90% will go down the old firm route. I'm ambivalent to it now though. Scottish footballs finished in all but name. But il try get to see barca when they come to town. And the spartan game at park head will be interesting because of the old fans favourite aiden mgeady will be back.

My England teams spurs! Dunno why, just got attached with the glen hoddle, Ossis ardilles era. Plus they've got the smartest strip about lol. Is port vale not Robbin Williams team too? Lol.

yea, you're probably looking at a race for 2nd place with Benfica,,, although Spartak look a dark horse. I think it's Benfica v Barca next, as I might be goin up, 2nd/3rd october or something. Going up to Braga v Man UTD too... should be a good laugh, about 20 of us going up for a 3 dayer.

Yeah. We're away to spartak next game. Just checked. Plastic pitch probably. If they can get two goals against barca in the nou camp then they'll murder us. But you can but hope. Never thought I'd say this but we really need samaras fit again (fucked arm). We've no players that'l strike fear or stand out. Wee winger called James forest who's rapid and direct on his game but he's havin a dip in form just now.

That'll be a great wee trip man, if you have a leaning towards man u. But it would be good to see barca too just to say I've seen Messi play in the flesh (not to mention iniesta n xavi). Not got a ticket yet though, they'll be like gold dust.