Fermented Skate Liver Oil

dreisind

Is it just glorified fish oil? Not to sound insensitive to your beliefs, in any way at all. I too looked to psychedelics for a spiritual spice of some sort, of course I came away with much more. Interesting that this has helped you, though. I take a myriad of supplements, and lately I think I am finding some sort of remission in symptoms as well, albeit very slowly.

From what I've read the major chemicals involved aren't found in fish oil. And don't worry about sounding insensitive, I'm about as big a skeptic as they come, and my interest in spirituality only sprouted after an amazing trip about five years ago.

Anyways, who knows if it's legitimate; and, like I said, I can't rule out placebo or other variables at play.

The title sounded like "Snake Liver Oil" salesmanship. The "Fermented" just seemed to make it sound old and rancid.

Since you have problems with Omega 3, how much have you been taking? For example, taking high dose fish oil for more than 2 weeks is unhealthy (inflammatory). If you have problems with low amounts of Omega 3, then look for digestive problems first (liver-gallbladder function) and make sure you take Lipase.

Of course with HPPD brain issues, you can be sensitive for more complex reasons. Generally the brain loves long chain fatty acids (like mustard). But it is great you feel better.

5 days in the redwoods would be cool ... could use that right now.

Currious, how do you define spirituality that you experience?

It seems the main active ingredient in skate oil may be vitamin k2, which can be more cheaply obtained on its own, or from grass fed animal foods. I have obtained some benefit from nac, vitamin d3 as well as magnesium, all of which affect calcium metabolism in different ways (tho i do not know if or how much this aspect is relevant to the effect i obtain form them). K2 also affects calcium metabolism, so i have bought some off ebay to see if anything happens (100 caps of 100micrograms for about £10).

I take fish oil tho have no obvious effect from it. Visual - any references on it being pro-inflammatory, as my impression is that it is consistently anti-inflammatory? Also, fishoil has long chain omega 3, veg omega 3 is generally short chain (havent checked mustard in particular tho).

I only remember that high dose fish oil should only be done for 2 weeks. After that the dose should be around 1000mg / day (without it becoming inflammatory).

Don't know why the shift, however that sort of thing can happen with large amounts of most anything.

There is also lots of talk about 'ratios' and 'balances' ... but haven't really tried to decipher it all.

also get more omega 3 and k2 while reducing omega 6 by eating grass fed meat and dairy (ie organic or free-range and stuff from places with longer grass growing seasons like ireland and especially new zealand.)

The ethical implications of eating intensive farming is not just limited to the treatment of the animals you eat, but also their feed - the soya and grain agri-industrial complex is pretty sinister. Pasture also has a much lower carbon footprint.

Not trying to be a snake oil salesman! That's why I posted this with my own skepticism up front.

Either way, what I define as "spirituality" is the feeling of connectivity and unison with both the physical world around me as well as to the consciousnesses that inhabit it. I've had what's been popularly described in scientific literature as a "religious experience" (defined by the likes of Williams James) back when I was in high school (this left my atheist beliefs shaken...a bit of an ironic twist to a crisis of faith).

Since then I've been trying to tap back into that feeling of blissful harmony and understanding of the "whatever" that holds us all together (the "whatever" being the ineffable feeling of "god", thus the traditional way of skirting around actually using the word, whether it be g_d or the almighty, etc...it is a truly indefinable feeling, and putting words to it completely nullifies its significance because it binds it to terms that we understand in our physical reality, while what I felt was fundamentally removed, or "behind", the workings of our world while inextricably a part of it all, driving time and existence forward....yup...)

To sum it up as succinctly as possible, it felt like everything in the world was a tuning fork, and everything was vibrating at the same frequency; and the tone that was causing everything to vibrate came from "the ether" aka what lies between our senses and behind the physical world.

Still not a religious person, but I'm becoming more open to the possibilities.

Anyways, back on topic. I stopped taking them for a week and felt pretty miserable. Again, could be placebo (anxiety attributed to not taking what I thought had been helping me).

If anyone wants like 20 capsules i could happily send them your way (my bottle has 120+ pills) just to see if its helpful.

Again guys my only intention with this is to help anyone I possibly can. HPPD is hell and if i can help one person out of that I will feel satisfied with my time on earth.

Peace and love everyone

Spirituality is an interesting word.

Google: define Spirituality and you get some interesting stuff.

How about "property or income owned by a church"? LOL -- definitely a materialistic definition

One guy says that squirrels are spiritual ... sound a bit nutty to me [pun intended]. I think of it as both an emotional yearning and yet an intellectual pursuit. Don't think of animals that way - although they are a lot more in harmony with the earth than we are!

Guess I define it as being aware of someone greater than self and seeking to have an actual positive relationship with that one.

LSD totally gave me that feel bro. I felt like some in between surveyor of the land. Like I was there, and could watch it from a different realm or something. Everything was connected perfectly. I remember figuring it out. How if a leaf fell to the ground, I was connected to it, since I was standing on the ground, and I was apart of the ground, as it was a part of me. Like some sort of super closed, tight little cycle. We were immediately connected, but we had always been connected, since the tree itself also came from the ground. It just made sense. It's more of an image I had imprinted into my brain though. It wasn't a thought. It was as if I was suddenly beamed knowledge without ever having to experience anything, it was a simple fact, that I had never noticed, but suddenly understood. It's impossible to put into words. Everything was so still, and just a part of a collective whole. Of course I also thought for a few minutes I was some sort of radiation ridden freak after I ate a honeybun. That was scary. Ill never eat a fucking honeybun again.

drugs are a bit like some nice stranger you meet that you think is amazing. Until they say 'niggers are a bit of a problem arent they?'. Suddenly everything else amazing they said has the shine taken off it.

Haha this made me laugh lol and I think I'll be giving this a try I could do with knowing any vitamins and minerals I should tale to

Help ?