visual-snow-study downplaying HPPD?

nepuinthesky

There are some flaws in what he says. I don't have much time to look into what you have written properly but I noticed this before and I do disagree. Clearly, previous drug intake is relevant. Somewhere he said the percentage of those who had taken drugs the same week their symptoms developed was low - well there's a flaw right there. For many, symptoms develop a little while after last drug use. Mine developed one month after last drug use.

I think it may be Schankin's opinions, unfortunetely.

Sorry I don't have time to provide a more in depth response.

I think the visual symptom that HPPD, PMA (persistent migraine aura), and VISUAL SNOW is pretty the same but the exact mechanism that triggers it isn't known yet. I have VISUAL SNOW 24/7 since I remember and I've never never smoked or taken any drugs. There are about 400 people on FB - group VISUAL SNOW who share this condition, someone since they were young others later, that are trying to create awareness to this condition that many doctors actually don't know the existence and they are unable to manage. I partecipated this year to the study of the dr Schankin and I can assure you it was the first time after 35 years one person knew what I was talking about. So I wanted to clarify more this point.

Probably this is the reason why dr Abraham talked about a genetic condition which is triggered by drugs.

to clear this up iam thankfull that there are doctors making a study. and i also ever said that i believe the mechanism is the same only the trigger is diffrent. but as i posted in this thread i think these doctors try to coin a new term for an allready existing disorder.

also they didnt seem to use the existing research about HPPD or PMA. they are doing the same scans hundreds of dr. allready did and which didnt showed up any result(MRI,PET). it would be more interessting to see if somebody with PMA or VS has the same results in qeeg like someone with HPPD or if someone with PMA or VS could also have success with COMT-inhibitors. this would show us if this is the same mechanism behind these disorders. also saying its not connected to drug use is simply wrong and a slap in the face of us HPPDer and dr. abrahams work in my opinion.

I honestly had no idea you could just develope alot of the same visual symptoms w/o ever taking drugs sorry to hear that!

I've always fealt a major lawsuit towards a big pharmaceutical company due to VS being listed as a possible side effect, would be hppders greatest chance at some sort of cure, with all their billions and top notch scientists they could figure something out if they wanted to, which I know they don't...just being optimistic