glycine for schizophrenia

Glycine is one of the new drug targets for a schizo med coming out probably sometime next year. The thing about it from what I gathered, is that it's basically a repackaging of a supplement they for the most part took off the market called Sarcosine. It's been shown to be a glycine reuptake inhibitor. If you go through the schizo forums everybody seemed to get a substantial benefit from Sarcosine on all fronts(positive and negative symptoms) and seemed pissed they were taking it off the shelves. You can't get it at the store but it seems to still be available online a couple of places. I guess you take it with some corresponding supplements, d-serine and some others if you want, can't recall it all right now but the side effects were nill too. I was going to try it sometime soon, nothing but good things written about it just haven't gotten there yet, I've been looking up a lot of stuff lately, sign of the times. Here was a link I bookmarked a little back but there's probably some other places to get it. Look it up.

https://www.smartpow...hylglycine.aspx

I've seen d-serine in the supplement stores I know. Apparently it's not the reuptake inhibitor but it's not far off. If you just look up glycine reuptake inhibitor all these papers have been written, it's the new target and it seems to be pretty effective, who knows how well for HPPD though, I guess sarcosine is coming out as drugname RG1678.

the schiz tests used large doses of glycine. I bought some (v cheap stuff) and took 2 heaped tablespoons (about 50 grams). It made my vision go weird - not hppd but like i had a finger pressing on the side of my eyeball and a bit sparkly in peripheral like standing up too quickly, but more localised effect. Could have been due to ammonia spike? Wore off over couple of hours or so. Reducing to sensible doses now (a teaspoon here and there, not being scientific about it at all). Would there be much difference between glycine and sarcosine (methyl glycine) given how interchangeable they are in body chemistry?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

cant find any sarcosine to buy except in testaforce which seems a bit overpriced if sarcosine is as cheap as you say (aspartic acid that is also in testaforce is cheap too, tho maybe the more soluble calcium aspartate they use is more expensive but i doubt it.)

• 1 month later...