Bit of an idea for possible CURE. Has some weight to it.

Fawkinchit

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to update my symptoms, Its been about two years, I pretty much never have DR/DP, visual snow never, balance issues have returned but every so often its a tiiiiny bit off, hardly anything I notice. I still have anxiety issues and that seems to be the most of it, I can only drink so much coffee and I have to be careful with chemicals that im being exposed to etc. Some days are worse than others,

I"m about where you are. Only difference is I started out this way right off the bat. Anxiety on and off. Never any DP/DR unless I really, really try hard to look for it. I think I trick myself into it sometimes. I have visual snow, and like you have to be careful what drink.

Wow you guys are lucky.

I looked into a microscope today and the background was intensely bright and immediately I saw that there was a party going on in my brain I had some idea was going on but not to the degree that I'd thought.

Truly fucked...

Please explain what you are posting.

I am still strongly leaning towards specifically located cellular over stimulation and apoptosis. Mg actually posted that hallucinogens may be active by increase glutamate in specific sites in the brain, this leads to furthre proof that this is the possible case, as excessive glutamate release cause neuronal death/apoptosis.

It seems to be very clear.

This information may seem very disguraging to some of you and you may think that thats the end of the line and want to hope that its some chemical imbalance, Dont! The case is that we actually have neurogenesis in our hippocampus and songbirds also have the quality of neurogenesis.

Nuerogenesis IS possible.

This was the same conclusion i came to when I stopped researching the possible outcomes that may be causing the problems. I also discussed this with David and he seemed to think that there were ways to reverse this type of thing or at the very least calm it down enough so that it's not a major issue like it is without treatment.

• Upvote 1

This was the same conclusion i came to when I stopped researching the possible outcomes that may be causing the problems. I also discussed this with David and he seemed to think that there were ways to reverse this type of thing or at the very least calm it down enough so that it's not a major issue like it is without treatment.

Did he list any things that may be part of the "ways to reverse" ?

What we really need to do is get more people aware of HPPD. The internet is a great place obviously, what we really need to do is go around forums telling people about how our disorder is basically neglected. Some people have had it for decades and there doesn't seem to be more then like 10 people researching it. I will go on basically any popular forum (reddit, 4chan, medical forums, etc) even though many of them might just mock us I will still do it.

What we really need to do is get more people aware of HPPD. The internet is a great place obviously, what we really need to do is go around forums telling people about how our disorder is basically neglected. Some people have had it for decades and there doesn't seem to be more then like 10 people researching it. I will go on basically any popular forum (reddit, 4chan, medical forums, etc) even though many of them might just mock us I will still do it.

I've been lurking /b/ for four years now and i've started threads about hppd on both /b/ and /m/ (i think, the medical forum anyway) and i've had a few people replying and telling they have either hppd or just visual snow. I think that there's lots of people out there with hppd.

What about Octacosanol? According to webmd it's used to treat parkinson and in Sweden you can buy a supplement containing L-tyrosine and octacosanol that stimulates the brain's production of dopamine. Not a cure ofcourse but could this affect hppd in any way?

What about Octacosanol? According to webmd it's used to treat parkinson and in Sweden you can buy a supplement containing L-tyrosine and octacosanol that stimulates the brain's production of dopamine. Not a cure ofcourse but could this affect hppd in any way?

If you want to increase dopamine just order mucana puriens / ldopa, a precursor to dopamine, works pretty well. Should make symptoms worse slightly though cause dopamine is a stimulant.

What we need, as a group, is to reach out to research physicians that are working along the lines of possible therapies that could be applicable to HPPD. We can hypothesize all we want but reaching out to medical professionals is key. Email, social media-whatever so long as the word gets out.

I've been lurking /b/ for four years now and i've started threads about hppd on both /b/ and /m/ (i think, the medical forum anyway) and i've had a few people replying and telling they have either hppd or just visual snow. I think that there's lots of people out there with hppd.

I never really went onto 4chan before but I do visit reddit daily. What is /b/ and /m/? Is it the Random and Mecha sections of 4chan? I checked those out and /b/ was just filled with naked girls + gore and /m/ was filled with anime lol. I will post up info on HPPD on reddit although a couple people did already I will try to start a discussion to get people who have it to join our community as well to spread the word that HPPD needs more research. Reddit has become pretty god damn popular even a couple celebrities and politicians go on there regularly.

I never really went onto 4chan before but I do visit reddit daily. What is /b/ and /m/? Is it the Random and Mecha sections of 4chan? I checked those out and /b/ was just filled with naked girls + gore and /m/ was filled with anime lol. I will post up info on HPPD on reddit although a couple people did already I will try to start a discussion to get people who have it to join our community as well to spread the word that HPPD needs more research. Reddit has become pretty god damn popular even a couple celebrities and politicians go on there regularly.

asdf