how long did u guys take to settle in?

I would say my baseline was established about 1 week after my last trip. Never seen any changes to the baseline since then.

In some ways, it was good that I didn't have the internet to read about symptoms and look out for them.

17 years.............mainly lots of lsd, mushrooms, mdma, coke, speed, weed and, of course, alcohol. Probably tripped 100+ times and raved on pills, god knows.. too many times to count. I was a bit crazy back then

I've got better in some ways, just not visuals.

I'm guessing you are in your middle 30's, I'm in my early 30's. I know that after i was off drugs that i had "visual residue" for years. But it was more of a visual thing that needed fine-tuning over years of sobriety. Now with my new onset of HPPD (w/i the last 6 months), it was a whole n'other level of HP, not your average stuff that i was used to. From a scale of 1-10, 10 being the absolute terrorism, how do you rate your HPPD? Still you must feel better than you did, let's just say, three months after stopping everything 17 years go.

Yea, i'm 34... 35 in September.

First few years - 9/10 .......... hell on earth.... like 3/4 of a strong tab each day and very bad paranoia, depression and anxiety. Felt like my mind was poisoned and pyscically damaged.

Now - 7/10 .......... (visuals, still 9/10 though).... But I can cope quite well, interact with people, make friends etc... still feel like I am tripping on 1/2 a strong tab each day, but I can deal with it, most of the time.

That last tab cost me £2 ($4?) and lasted 17 years.... value for money!

2muchmandy---my HPPD just settled down this month ---***6 months to settle down***. For panic attacks and snow, You got to take a brown paper bag breathe into it-----inflating/deflating/inflating/deflating----repeat 'til you feel better. You're getting some dissociative sht. Try a deep, deep cough a few times. Feel your pulse..... and drink some water. Eventually, breathe in thru the nose out thru the mouth, slow , lay down and watch some TV, to take your mind off.

also get some Ativan, take about 1/8 of a mg, give or take

Jay, are you on any meds for your HPPD?

I've tried pretty much everything SSRIs, Anti Pysch meds, Keppra, Lamictal, Pregablin, Sinemet and a bunch of other stuff that got posted on here.

As nothing really worked for me, i've just settled into taking 1.5mg of klono whenever I feel like a break... usually twice a week... sometimes more, sometimes less.... Each month or so, I have 7 days without any klono, to make sure i'm not getting addicted.

For me, my symptoms got worse over the period of about 1-3 months and then they plateaued out...that is until i used again.

Did your symptoms ever go back to baseline? How long has it been since you've tripped and how bad is it now?

It would probably have settled down 3 months after my 'trip' but I took Ritalin to study once which didn't help. Also started drinking 4 months after onset. Dunno if those have anything to do with it, but right now when I am stressed I still get some flare ups. Also since I blacked out drunk 2 weeks ago my vision has kinda gotten like how it was 2 months ago when I was still in the midst of it but recovering (it is still better now than then), though whether that's due to alcohol, an acute lack of sleep, or major stress from school I am not sure. I'm not stressed about the vision though, after going through hell and then experiencing perfectly normal vision in the past month, I am very confident it will return back to normal with sleep and less stress.

• 1 month later...