If I get better, can I smoke weed

who knows for sure anyhow weed is a hallucinogen. but thats one of the things i hate the most, i would love to be able to smoke a spliff again but i think i will never be able to do it again. i have overdone it all and now iam a bit like on a constant trip so iam telling myself you dont need to smoke weed you are trippin without it. i was in a few situations where someone smoked beside me and i was nearly giving up my sobriety(i love this fucking taste and smell of weed so much). but i thought fuck it you dont now what will happen and i think if i recover iam never able to enjoy weed like i did for the last decade.

maybe we could smoke herbs like Harlequin with low THC lvl but i dont now man.

but i know for sure weed changed my life in a constant and positive way(eg. way of life, thinking) and i know i will never forget the great times i had while smoking this great herb.

I know what you mean nepu. Even though i might not ever touch weed again I'm always gonna keep my bowl just for memories. And oh god that heavenly smell...

Different strains give you different highs and affect HPPD differently, I had this one strain with very high THC content but the high was fluffy and comfortable and I had zero anxiety and my HPPD didnt flare up as much as it usually did when I smoked.

I think I read that someone's HPPD hit them really hard when they took a couple hits though. They said they had mild HPPD and rarely smoked, but one night they hit a joint and the next morning their HPPD was worse than ever before. Don't smoke after you recover, you never know what might happen.

I would not smoke weed. I'd even be careful with alcohol. Unless you are positive you are "cured" at least. I took like half a hit of weed at a party. I mean essentially just breathed it in for a quick sec, and while nothing necessarily bad happened. The fact that I felt high was astounding. It was some shitty mexican brick weed, and I felt it. Had it been what my friends are usually toking on, some skunky in your face shit, I think I would have been tripping balls for like five hours. Point is, this condition seems to have made me very sensitive to the ganja. And in a very strange way. I noticed a fair amount of increase in visual symptoms, and am pretty sure I undid quite a bit of sober induced healing. I haven't noticed anything extreme, but I certainly have been a bit off for the past few days. Just be careful, I think if your healing up, and are on something like Keppra, smoking some high CBD weed would be fine.I think I remember another member doing that a little while back with seemingly no problems.

In my opinion is a very high risk. Sometimes I would like to smoke some weed but being constantly in a state of constant dp-dr doen't want to do it again. If your HPPD is mild, believe me, you dont want the version 2.0.

Ive made up my mind that I am not going to do anymore hallucinogens. But, if do recover from my mild case of Dp/Dr visual snow and colors blending together, would It be safe to smoke weed with my friends and family?

Damn most of the newcomers are reckless, let me put it like this: Recreational drugs gave you hppd in the beginning, why would you even consider to keep doing them?

You only live once, give yourself an endurable time whilst you are still living, i am saying this out of my own experience. I read about hppd when i experienced warning signs but i keot on drinking and toking and here i am, my walls are moving, geometrical patterns are forming in the static and my afterimages and traces are horrible.

Cannabis is what set off the first symtoms for me, and I´m sure it can cause a relapse if you get "cured". I quit all hallucinogens and cannabis 6 years ago (shortly after developing severe HPPD), and I can honestly say that cannabis was the hardest to quit. It might take a month for the physical dependency to fade away, and 6 months for the psychological dependency. I assume you´re still in that period, LardSpider, and the weed is still tempting you.

Weed does not only affect HPPD negatively, but also causes quite strong cognitive impairment, makes your memory a mess, and makes you unmotivated. It also increases paranoia and in fact changes your personality and values.

Found this out after almost a year after quitting, looking back on how I was and acted while I was (ab)using it. I would not want to go back, and lose my small steps of general improvement for getting stoned again!

A lot of arguments to never do it again!

And as Zukov said, you don´t want HPPD version 2.0!

I think marijuana really set my symptoms off too. I went on a trip with my buddies drank the entire time, everything was great. Came back, smoked several times, some high quality stuff, and now everything is bad. I essentially tripped on the stuff twice, just thought I had a low tolerance. Really, I think I was just very sensitive to it, and it caused flashbacks, and really awoke HPPD in me.

When i suffer the first panick attacks and dp-dr, it was very strange but the weed set my anxiety and dr-dp (when i go down) off. But after a few days i got full dp-dr and later the visuals. Dont smoke...wait a year and see what happens with your mild hppd. I repeat, you dont want to trip 24/7.

Every drug that you do, I believe, will have some sort of psychological or physical cumulative effect, especially one that makes you somewhat dopey i.e. MJ. The tracks have already been laid out for HPPD; are you ready to keep riding the smokestack some more?