How/when did you first notice your HDDP symptoms?

Sam

I tried magic mushrooms 3 months ago for the first time and tripped on them almost every week until about 12 days ago. I basically had a really bad trip, and then threw away all of my mushrooms (~ 1.5 ounces) and promised myself to never go near any drugs again. I haven't had any experience with any drug or alcohol before I tried mushrooms and you couldn't pay me to try them anymore after my unpleasant experience. Now I am paranoid about developing HDDP. I don't have any obvious symptoms like static vision or any color shifts. If I really focus I think I see very weak patterns on the carpet and the walls but I am pretty sure that's just a placebo.

For those who have HDDP, my question is: when did you first notice it? Did you notice it right after your last trip or did it take some time for it to kick in? I am asking this because I need to know if I am still at a risk of developing HDDP eventhough I stopped taking psychedelics.

Damn dude it sounds like that bad trip really got to you. Don't constantly look for things, as all these vision problems are just natural things that our brains stopped filtering out. Normal people can start seeing these things if they look hard enough. But don't worry about HPPD, I mean I guess you are susceptible to developing HPPD but everyone who as tripped on anything is. It just sounds like you have some pretty harsh anxiety left over from that bad trip. I'm no psychiatrist but you might have post traumatic stress disorder, which I think I have too from my bad trip. The longer you stay sober the quicker you'll start feeling normal again, though. No matter what happens, just be glad you'll never have to go through that bad trip again. Stay positive too...if you think you'll get HPPD then youll probably have a higher chance of getting it. When I first got HPPD it was the morning after my trip and even though it was mild it was very noticable, so I think you'll be fine.

• Upvote 1

I noticed it after my first time combining 2cb and MDMA. That was last June, I already had done 2cb once and had done MDMA many times, as well as shrooms and acid. I was seeing static and floaters in my vision, especially when I smoked weed, and this just became a part of daily life and I never really thought anything of it. I continued to use MDMA, LSD, and did a lot of cocaine, ketamine, and a plethora of research chemicals too long to list.

After OD'ing on MDMA+meth+???+5htp four months ago I went through a traumatic case of serotonin syndrome, and following that ordeal visuals worsened and psychological symptoms i.e. anxiety, panic attacks, dp/dr, etc. followed. Discovering this forum made me more aware of what was going on and this made me worry and symptoms temporarily worsened on a daily basis. I have recently simply come to accept the visuals. I live with them 24/7, but I can still drive, socialize, perform well enough at work, enjoy life in general...it all comes down to sorting your life out and easing your spirits. It's up to you to find your way in life...HPPD or not, life can be shitty and stressful. Having HPPD can just make it worse, but this is ONLY if you let it.

Best of luck to you, Sam. If you were able to lead a decent life prior to HPPD, you will be able to once again in the future, trust me.

• Upvote 1

I was up all night. Dropped one mdma tab smoked some...felt good. Decided to take a liiiittle bit of mxe to come down. Was high as fucj. For like 4 hours started getting tired....then I noticed 2cb like patterns on the walls....they were still there hiurs later. I started worrying. Crippled with fear I though I had seratonin syndrome and was going to die. A few days later my vision was still patterny and static. After two weeks they had eased to just static and I found this site....that was 3 months ago. My hpod is unique in the sense it seemed to set in instantly after a drug session

• Upvote 1

My hppd kicked in ~a month after a trip on ~70mg of 4-ho-met, just like wham! The white room i am sitting in today was filled with static and the walls started moving and it has ever since. More and more symtoms have of course showed up since the onset. Dp/dr were the first symtom to dissapear.

• Upvote 1

My hppd kicked in ~a month after a trip on ~70mg of 4-ho-met, just like wham! The white room i am sitting in today was filled with static and the walls started moving and it has ever since. More and more symtoms have of course showed up since the onset. Dp/dr were the first symtom to dissapear.

Same for me. I have it for like 10 minutes a week, always did though

I can't believe more people aren't aware of this. Every source told me that psychedelics were the safests drugs out there and that everyone should try..... Bastards.

I either have very mild HPPD or I don't have it at all. Maybe I am just noticing perceptual anomolies more but I think I see a very small amount of static in the dark, although it could just be a placebo. What makes me thing that it's all in my head is that I started to feel mild symptom AFTER I read about HPPD. Anyways, I stopped taking everything two weeks ago and don't ever plan on even drinking a beer. There's no point in worrying if it's going to develop. I am just goind take my mind off it and focus on school. I guess if I don't see any symptoms in the next few months then I am in the clear.

I really feel for you guys. I barely see anything even if I focus and I am already paranoid. I've seen pictures of how people with sever HPPD see the world and I can't imagine how they get by. It's a shame there isn't much information about it out there. If I had known about HPPD, I know I would have never gone near mushrooms. It seems that all of you are young and got HPPD pretty recently so there is a good chance it will go down or disappear altogether. Good luck to all of you.

my advice is to stop being worried and stop coming on this site sam. if hppd does develop by all means come on here, wer all very happy and friendly towards newcomers, but worrying about something u dont have is silly as hell. just keep living healthy, lay off the drugs and see how it goes. all the best

• Upvote 1

my advice is to stop being worried and stop coming on this site sam. if hppd does develop by all means come on here, wer all very happy and friendly towards newcomers, but worrying about something u dont have is silly as hell. just keep living healthy, lay off the drugs and see how it goes. all the best

I think I am going to take your advice. I am going to check back later to see if there are any new posts because I'd feel like a jackass if someone else responded I never bothered to read it. But then I am just going to predent HPPD doesn't exist.

I got mine three weeks after my only use of mushrooms, however I had smoked two nights prior to the onset and had drank the night before so that might have triggered it. There is at least a 99% chance that you will be fine. Just don't worry about it and definately don't look for visuals that is the worst thing that you can do. Just live healthily and don't think about hppd. Even if you do get HPPD the best way to recover is to ignore it and wait it out. Ive had it for four months and the first 1 and 1/2 was hell but now I'm bassically 100% recovered.

• Upvote 1

Tried lsd two times, smoke weed sometimes...6-7 months later i suffer multiple panic attacks and the first thing i noticed was the dp-dr (common in panic attack). Later...the visual phenomena and tinnitus. Dont take SSRI NEVER.

Tried lsd two times, smoke weed sometimes...6-7 months later i suffer multiple panic attacks and the first thing i noticed was the dp-dr (common in panic attack). Later...the visual phenomena and tinnitus. Dont take SSRI NEVER.

Did anything trigger the attack or was it random? It's surprising that it can hit you 7 months after your trip. I thoughtI was going to be in the clear after a few months. How strong was your HPPD and did go down eventually?

for me it was three years after my last acid trip(think thats really uncommon). but i had mild HPPD direktly after my first trip ever. you have to live healthy and avoid drugs like cannabis and too much alk which i didint do.

Furthermore, Horowitz acknowledges other factors known to exacerbate HPPD. Horowitz identified physical stress and marijuana as two factors that can precipitate and increase HPPD symptoms after a delayed onset stating, “Marihuana [sic] ssecobarbital (Seconal), physical fatigue, or stress may produce a state in which flashbacks from previous LSD ‘trips’ are more likely to recur.” Horowitz identified key features in 1969 that remain foundations for an accurate diagnosis of HPPD today.

source: http://hppdonline.com/index.php?/topic/306-history-of-hppd-section-2-of-5-available-in-pdf/

you can choose delayed onset because of my excesive psychodelic use in the past or cannabis as a trigger, but i was smoking weed from 16 to 25 on a daily basis so i think the second option is not really the cause.

Sam: the fact i was hit by this disorder after 7 months is something I'll never understand. Apparently 90% of people never cease their "trip". Post acid, i smoke marijuana regularly and because of family problems and high stress i suffered panic attacks. My symptoms are mostly DP-DR but suffer the typical visual distortions. Decrease if I pay less attention, but everything remains the same since it began a year ago (obviously 0 drugs since the hit)

My theory is i have depersonalization for psycological reasons.... panic attacks mixed with marijuana its not a good mix, visual distortions appeared later as a side effect.

The case of nepuinthesky is even stranger than mine. I dont believe in the theory of a "trigger" of HPPD. What is HPPD? a bomb hidden in the brain?

If you look dpselfhelp.com, the depersonalization tends to be triggered by specific events, if the HPPD is an imbalance or brain damage, it will not remain hidden for years and suddenly appear when he wants.

The case of nepuinthesky is even stranger than mine. I dont believe in the theory of a "trigger" of HPPD. What is HPPD? a bomb hidden in the brain?

If you look dpselfhelp.com, the depersonalization tends to be triggered by specific events, if the HPPD is an imbalance or brain damage, it will not remain hidden for years and suddenly appear when he wants.

hey mate, to clear this up a bit. i had alot of warning signs shortly after my first salvia trip every pattern tends to move and melt i had floating colors in the dark(which disapeard after the other symptoms kicked in), snow in the dark and with closed eyes, ehen i waslooking at a digital screen on a radio for example i saw the numbers of the time shortly after they change. but i ignored all this and was still smoking weed. then there was a time whith stress, alk, weed, antibiotics and watching my sight i developed more symptoms. i think the weed was the main cause for making my symptoms worse.

but also if i remember correctly somebody posted a text about gene silences because of LSD maybe this is the cause of developing HPPD with a delayed onset.