Hi guys - I've wanted to join this forum for months. Looks like they've now resolved what issues were barring new users.
It was a very dodgy dose of MDMA and a filthy cannabis brownie that landed me with this crap, within a few months of each other back in the spring of 2015.
However, my case seems to be atypical for two reasons:
1. Excluding the horrid drug experiences themselves, I essentially "recovered" immediately, and have slowly been developing these HPPD problems ever since. I.e. from mild to severe, instead of severe to mild as in most cases, or a constant severe.
2. Leading on from that - I'm always worsening despite no drug use in nearly 2 years (and I only used 6 times). It's like a degenerative process was "triggered".
Can anyone else relate to this? Or my symptoms:
- every kind of dizziness you can imagine - disequilibrium, dissociation, dp/dr, brain fog, lightheadedness (the latter of which has led to a diagnosis of POTS)
- all the visual snow/light sensitivity/perceptual shite - no hallucinations (yet) but worrying things like eyes in headlights etc
- a recurrent feeling of being "high" on MDMA - for hours, days at a time, despite being sober. I can't be more specific than that - a "serotonin-esque" feeling all over my body. I suspect I'll start having seizures soon. A feeling that my brain is truly "on fire" as one psychiatrist put it. I can't consume any kind of stimulant - even a cup of tea - or exercise, or it just fires me up even more.
I've also seen two neuros, both of whom have heard of this, and they're both pretty clueless re: its process and any treatment.
I've tried to be brief. Any responses would be greatly appreciated - as I said, my case seems extremely atypical, and it's difficult for me to remain positive when things are always getting worse.......good wishes to all