This is a bad place to get a yes or no answer for this kind of thing. I will try to be as unbiased as possible in my response to allow you to make your own decision.
- some people here are because of DMT so this (hppd) is possible through its use
- DMT is arguably the strongest hallucinogen you can find
- even if you don’t get hppd, DMT can be a very strong experience, one that I’ve gone through myself, and isn’t always pleasant or beautiful.
- you might become “Enlightend”. Whatever that means. Don’t forget, it’s hard to change oneself once you’ve had one of these experiences. You might find you aren’t happy with your life anymore and that’s fine if you have the motivation to change it. You might not. You might become miserable.
- While DMT is the strongest hallucinogen, it’s also the shortest acting. Time is an enormous factor when it comes to accruing brain issues due to hallucinogen. I believe that doing DMT is probably better than dropping acid if only because while the effect is enormous, it’s duration is over 60 times shorter than traditional lSD. They don’t call it the businessman’s trip for nothing
- you might become “Enlightend”. Whatever that means. Don’t forget, it’s hard to change oneself once you’ve had one of these experiences. You might find you aren’t happy with your life anymore and change it!
Personally, I’ve done DMT a handful of times and that was after I got hppd (roughly 18 months after). The only thing I noticed, was if I did it a few days in a row, I would get anxiety. I was kind of shocked to experience that considering how bad I had hppd when it first started.
But it could have easily gone the other way. I could have had the neurochemical reaction that causes hppd happen (whatever that is). Or just an awful trip. Hell I broke through into a hospital for a few minutes before I was orbiting stars. That was scary. My friend who supplied it said he’d given it to many people and they were all fine... but once he gave it to a kid who immediately started screaming and ran outside into the yard and started eating dirt for ten minutes while wailing. When he came out of that he had no recollection of what he did. Thank God he didn’t become violent because he could have murdered someone.
at the end of the day, this is a very extreme drug. It’s not something to be taken lightly. If you do decide to do it, a calm mindset is important and so is setting.
Dont expect that its a one one way trip to enlightenment too. I received 0 spiritual benefits from DMT. It’s just too strong to have rational thoughts when it’s working (at high doses at least). I’ve tried low doses too and while it’s very visually interesting there wasn’t this profound emotional realizing at all. Just a “oh cool, colors and shapes. Now they’re gone. Going to go to class.”
I would say don’t do it. You aren’t young, but you aren’t on deaths door. You don’t want to become an active member here.
Just do do what I plan to do. When I’m an old man and ready to die, I’m going to the top of a mountain with IV DMT and a tank of nitrous. I’ll have a friend slowly crank up both until I pass while listening to Kreeks Notebook 😛